Help with Geofencing

senrab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really struggling with the Geofencing alerts. I am trying to configure it to alert us when we are outside of the Geofence, however it is sending alerts permanently.

We've got two iOS devices setup with the 50m optimal geofence option, both devices are set to "Use my current location" and the BlueIris app is allowed the location.

1620987286789.png

1620987299484.png

I think this screenshot shows that BlueIris sees both devices inside the Geofence currently

1620987400090.png

I think I've got it configured to only alert when we are outside the geofence like this

1620987439302.png

The "enter" and "exit" buttons seem a little ambiguous, I think they mean "inside" and "outside"?

1620987459470.png

1620987482278.png

Yet it is sending us alerts all the time.

Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The 1st screenshot toggles device-generated notifications when your device detects a geofence change (exit & entry). Try disabling it to silence these notifications.

Now add a server-generated notification action to the ‘Exit geofence’ button dialog (last screen shot).
NOTE that you currently have no actions defined.
Touch the ‘+’ icon, and a list of available actions will pop up.

Last edited:

senrab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Jay, I turned on the device-generated notifications to see if it was seeing the devices enter/exit. It's on and I've never received a device notification, however I am not too worried, the server was seeing us in / out of the geofece (3rd screenshot).

NOTE that you currently have no actions defined.
Yet it is sending us notifications constantly. We've got the alerts configured per camera. Is this what we are doing wrong perhaps?

1621335643349.png

Pressing the + as you suggest opens up a similar page to the per-camera page - I guess that is for all cameras, which isn't what I wanted.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Pressing the + as you suggest opens up a similar page to the per-camera page
Camera settings are the wrong place to accomplish this.
This is the dialog to use...

1621347439252.jpeg

Last edited:

senrab

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, going to try this now. However, I don't want alerts for all cameras - your instructions looks like it will enable alerts for all cameras.

Notifications were on and working as we were recieving alerts constantly whilst in the geofence, currently they are off whilst we figure this out.

senrab

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I've got this working, however my final issue is that I want to exclude one camera from the alerts (which is what drew me to the per-camera settings originally).

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I've got this working, however my final issue is that I want to exclude one camera from the alerts (which is what drew me to the per-camera settings originally).
I'm able to to do exactly that with using profiles. I have a dedicated profile for "away" so once the geo-fence updates to that profile, alerts for BI adjust to the "away" version of how I want them to alert,