Help with Hikvision P2P

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with Hikvision P2P function? Any advice will be appreciated.

???Does Hik P2P support 'Remote configuration?' Please see picture attached???

Last edited:
Reaction score
They do support P2P through unsecured protocol called RTSP (You could skip the route to EZVIZ or any other 3rd party connection).
Yet, RTSP is not secure and you have:
a) potential of access hijack.
b) botnet infection.
I see most of us do setup a home VPN to connect from outside the home network to inside the home network.

What do you mean by remote configuration?

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Abdullah000, thanks for the reply. I figured that out already. It is the machine's problem, not the p2p service.

Des69

n3wb
Reaction score
How have you solved? I need to remote config a camera over P2P account but no luck. Error 5003

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you use ivms4200 or just log into your p2p account through web browser. You need to add that camera into your ivms4200 application, then you can 'remote config' it.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh god lets use p2p, so chinese leader can hack you ,that's smart ....

Des69

n3wb
Reaction score
I use iVMS 4200. But error 5003 occurr like in the screenshot here Camera configuration over P2P account

@Camit
Chinese leader can do very much with an uninhabit stair view. Ops, but they can hack it for an IoT DDOS attack!!!!
Plz tell me something new to add to collection.
I'm unlucky because it's uninhabit for the most part of the year so I must use mobile ISP with no public IP and no way to set a mini server for an inverse SSH VPN tunnel

Last edited:

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Des69, Forget about using p2p to 'remote configure' at this moment. I just figured out that hikvision just added 2 more ports for this function to work. That means you need to do port forwarding for 'p2p remote configure' to function properly, which is ridiculous to the basic of P2P. The ports are 9xxxx I forgot the exact number, the p2p remote config was so slow, I don't even want to dig deeper into it.

Hik had been hacked so much, they are fumbling into finding a remedy.

Des69

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to remote config only in this starting days of usage to better configure motion detection due to many false allarms. The image sampling sometime vibrates causing a motion detection allarm.
I need to adjust sensitivity remotely to avoid 100 km trip...
If you find the exact port will help me a lot. Googling doesnt help now

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Des, pls see attached photo, the ports are 9010 & 9020. My machine's firmware is pretty new, v3.4.62, and those 2 ports only appears on 'Upnp' tab, but not on the 'more setting' tab, still pretty confusing, I think Hik is trying to redesign its P2P service, I doubt your camera will have the most updated fw to include this function.

As for your solution, you can do this: as long as you can use p2p to liveview your camera, you can log onto your 'hik-connect.com' account (NOT WWW.EZVIZLIFE.COM, BUT WWW.HIK-CONNECT.COM) use the same ezvizlife account credential. Inside of that web page, it will reveal your camera's public ip, then you can add that camera in your ivms4200 using the regular ip/domain method, then you can 'remote config' it.

Attachments

Des69

n3wb
Reaction score
Simply adding the camera with the revealed IP doesn't work. I suppose that is due to the NATted IP of the mobile ISP used for the cam internet access (router with a mobile SIM). I'll try to open that ports and to redirect the stream to different ports, but without a revers SSH tunnel I think its a bit difficult to reach the camera without P2P service.
Tomorrow a friend will connect a netbook with Teamviewer to the router so I'll can access the web interface remotely, but it will be a temporary solution.

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Des, finally, I figured out my problem. Go hikvision.com download the lasted ivms4200, version2.5.1.7, it should work with p2p remote config.