Help with PTZ Presets

Jakubx80

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just bought the full version after testing for a couple of days. BI is really impressive.

One things I'm struggling with is PTZ presets. I'm using 2019 Reolink RLC-423, which is set up as such in BI as a selected camera.
I can move the dome using PTZ arrow controls in BI without any problems. I've 3 presets saved within camera interface itself and I can call them out from Reolink app just fine.

I can't figure out how to save those presets within BI and how to call them out to move the camera.
I tried long click on preset number within live view in BI5 I tried camera setup menu under PTZ and nothing.
I tried in UI3 where I long pressed the button, saved presets successfully (snapshot jpg appeared fine) but when I right click and chose "Go to preset X" nothing happens.
Any suggestions?

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right click on any anywhere on the Blue Iris Console window and select Show PTZ Controls.
This should give you access to the PTZ controls. If you look in the manual on pages 15 & 16 it explains the PTZ controls.
From the manual page 16:
Code:
Quick access is provided for preset numbers 1-10. For other preset positions, first
select it from the list and then use the location/bubble icon. Hold down this icon or
one of the numbered buttons to “set” the preset. The “set” functionality is supported for
many, but not all cameras—in many cases you will need to set presets via the camera’s own
browser interface.

If you don't want to have the PTZ controls shown you access presets this way:
Right click on the PTZ camera window > select PTZ/control > Preset Position > Preset##

edit: forgot a letter

Jakubx80

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately this is still not working for me.

I do see the presets, I long click it and nothing happens. I can move the camera away using BI PTZ cotrols, then short press the newly "saved" preset number, but the camera doesn't move.
I successfully set 3 presets via Reolink camera interface and it works fine when I call them out from Reolink apps but for whatever reason I can't get BI to successfully call the presets out.

Jakubx80

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, so I made it. I went into camera setting, video, network configure and find/inspect. It did it's thing and right after that my presets work.

Edit:
It failed again. I also noticed that if I click Call from BI preset configuration it will wipe out all the Preset positions from the camera itself.
After I re established all the positions within Reolink interface, I clicked refresh camera and the presets got loaded again. All of them worked other then 1: Default. From the Camera refresh I noticed it's ID is "000" and Preset 2 is "001".
It appears that position "000" doesn't play well with BI. I just skipped preset 1 (000) and set is as Preset 4 (003 within Reolink) then everything appears to be fine.

Weird.

Last edited: