Here for the other users experience

Sgtwalleye

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

I have had a security camera set up since the fall of 2015 when I moved out to an acreage. It was a cheap setup we bought from Nebraska Furniture Mart. It's an analog Night Owl system. It has served us well and we've even used it for an incident were a lost person ended up at our home late one night. I have 2 driveways - one to my house and one to my shed, so I have lots of area to cover.

Thanks to Slickdeals - I have used Matt's advice and I recently purchased a LaView PoE system. I will be setting this system up in the near future. I hope to search the forums for ideas and suggestions. I realize that the LaView system isn't top of the line but it should work for my needs at this time.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All,

I have had a security camera set up since the fall of 2015 when I moved out to an acreage. It was a cheap setup we bought from Nebraska Furniture Mart. It's an analog Night Owl system. It has served us well and we've even used it for an incident were a lost person ended up at our home late one night. I have 2 driveways - one to my house and one to my shed, so I have lots of area to cover.

Thanks to Slickdeals - I have used Matt's advice and I recently purchased a LaView PoE system. I will be setting this system up in the near future. I hope to search the forums for ideas and suggestions. I realize that the LaView system isn't top of the line but it should work for my needs at this time.
Welcome Sgtwalleye,

Good to have you join us. Do check out the securing /vpn notes in the wiki. They will be useful.

Feel free to share any setup / testing experiences here with that kit you picked up.