Here is some of the competition lol

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just looked at their lovely website. It is all analog...I dont get it. Any they can install a system as large as 16 cameras!!!!
From their about section... "WebWatchdogs was established in South Florida and expanded into Central and North Florida in 2006. Over the years, WebWatchdogs has emerged as an industry leader in the world of video surveillance and remote access using cutting edge technology. They keep their Residential and Commercial clients in Palm Coast, Jacksonville, Daytona, and St Augustine completely up-to-date with the most advanced, efficient, and affordable security surveillance technology on the market."

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Just looked at their lovely website. It is all analog...I dont get it. Any they can install a system as large as 16 cameras!!!!
From their about section... "WebWatchdogs was established in South Florida and expanded into Central and North Florida in 2006. Over the years, WebWatchdogs has emerged as an industry leader in the world of video surveillance and remote access using cutting edge technology. They keep their Residential and Commercial clients in Palm Coast, Jacksonville, Daytona, and St Augustine completely up-to-date with the most advanced, efficient, and affordable security surveillance technology on the market."
Funny, this is the company that my previous employer used, and that was the most stingy company I ever saw in my life. The only reason they had ANY cameras is because their clients required it, and they ONLY put cameras where they were required. I follow another guy on google+ who runs a security cam company and he swears his analog HD cams are better than HD IP cams. Using analog seems to be quite normal in the industry even today. I have a feeling it is because people want cameras but are all cheap sons of bitches who don't wanna pay for digital so they get sold analog crap. The customers probably don't know any better or just don't care. Even I have a very hard time convincing anyone to let me install IP cams because they don't want to spend more than the cost of a costo system total.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its funny because I was that guy about 2 years ago. I do handy work on the side and a friends deli needed new cameras. I did my "research" and came across some 8 camera analog kit for $450 and thought it was the best thing ever. Then came across a website, security-camera-wearhouse.com which sold me on IP cameras. I purchased a small system from them to install in a friends house and then found this forum.
I'd like to say its amazing how consumers really have no idea and just see a price tag but I was that guy not too long ago.
Now, I had a coworker that purchased a new house and I tried to push an IP cam system. Two weeks later, her house was broken into and her husband rushed over to costo to buy the first thing he could find (against my advice). 3 months later, the DVR is fried. She ended up getting it replaced but it just goes to show the difference in quality and performance (when compared to my IP cams).

Check out that website...they sell all rebranded hik stuff at like 300% markup and all outdated firmware.
+1 ipcamtalk :)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Its funny because I was that guy about 2 years ago. I do handy work on the side and a friends deli needed new cameras. I did my "research" and came across some 8 camera analog kit for $450 and thought it was the best thing ever. Then came across a website, security-camera-wearhouse.com which sold me on IP cameras. I purchased a small system from them to install in a friends house and then found this forum.
I'd like to say its amazing how consumers really have no idea and just see a price tag but I was that guy not too long ago.
Now, I had a coworker that purchased a new house and I tried to push an IP cam system. Two weeks later, her house was broken into and her husband rushed over to costo to buy the first thing he could find (against my advice). 3 months later, the DVR is fried. She ended up getting it replaced but it just goes to show the difference in quality and performance (when compared to my IP cams).

Check out that website...they sell all rebranded hik stuff at like 300% markup and all outdated firmware.
+1 ipcamtalk :)
the surveillance camera industry is crooked enough we don't need people like that making it 10x worse.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having surveyed competitors work, a number of them install hd-tvi and tell the customer they are receiving IP cameras

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
or they don't know the difference themselves.
really sad but most likely true, I had to call them when we were having issues with the software, which I now know was an old rebranded version of smartPSS and the guy was pretty clueless.

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
I just give my customers the choice between HD-CVI or IP, and most go with the CVI because of costs.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I just give my customers the choice between HD-CVI or IP, and most go with the CVI because of costs.
that's what I figured is why people still sell so much of it, cheap customers, haha, very annoying to have to sell garbage to make money. :D

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't say cheap customers. I have one that has 16 car washes and it's either a 16 or 32 ch system, and the 2mp dahua cvi's have done more than what they wished for. If we had done IP, the costs would have been more than double.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, these people typically don't know what they are looking at anyways, and in a lot of cases probably don't even care, that is why they buy those kits from Costco and are perfectly happy lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk