Hey You Dropped Something Again

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the same vehicle that dropped things in the street back on August 9, 2018. At the end of this capture I added some video of someone stopping to pick up what was dropped in the street.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The entertaining part of having IP cameras. :) I do this all the time. Fun going back to see what happened.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, we really learned something since Aug. 9th, didn't we? We learned that an empty, short-wheelbase trailer is bouncy, you gotta tie your stuff down, drive a bit slower, etc. Oh, I almost forgot...if your crap keeps falling out the back just put up plywood sides. :rolleyes:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
He drove by again this morning with some objects in the back of the trailer. Here is a frame from the video. Quality isn't very good as this was just before sunrise and moving objects have a slight blur for a few minutes until the sun gets higher in the sky. He drove back down the hill with an empty trailer a couple hours later. I notice no license plate on the trailer. Are trailers suppose to have plates in California?

trailer load 13 Oct 2018.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Per CA DMV here, they now have a "PTI Program" that applies to utility trailers:

"Under the PTI program, trailers are issued a PTI license plate and a permanent identification card rather than regular trailer plates."

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
If they're losing that much stuff right there, there must be a trail of junk all the way between their favorite store and their destination.

Someone driving behind them is going to get killed someday. Are there any "secured load" statutes in this area?