HFW43000S - help with keystone

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a HFW43000S that had its network jack removed due to corrosion. I've been trying to get a CAT5e keystone to work, but I don't think I have the wiring quite right. When I connect it to PoE, I hear a click, but the camera never registers on the network. I've checked for IP conflicts.

I'm using 568B:

Camera Wire | Keystone Wire

Orange | Green/White
Blue | Green
Brown | Orange/White
Purple | Orange
Yellow | Blue (with jumper to Blue/White)
Grey | Brown (with jumper to Brown/White)

Do I have something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had a fair amount of trouble reviving a Dahua camera myself using a keystone jack. The trick is, they used super thin stranded wire in their pigtail and the keystone jack might not be making good contact on all the pins. I believe I ended up stripping the insulation back on all the pigtail wires and soldering them into the keystone jack the last time I needed to do this.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your order does not look correct to me, but the color matching is correct.
Thanks for the chart! Can you clarify what you mean by the order being incorrect?

From the chart, it looks like I would need to remove the jumper between Blue and Blue/White.

EDIT: I'll also try stripping the jackets from the pigtails wires and see if that makes a difference. Thx for the tip. I did notice it was super thin but thought maybe the punch down would cut through.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean by the order being incorrect?
I just meant the order you listed those colors does not match the pinout of an RJ45. I realized it had not been your intent to tell us the order of the wiring, only the colors you matched on each side.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just meant the order you listed those colors does not match the pinout of an RJ45. I realized it had not been your intent to tell us the order of the wiring, only the colors you matched on each side.
Ooooh, my bad. I'll try stripping the wires and see what happens. Thanks again