HFW5421E-Z IE access problems

Reaction score
Just took delivery of the HFW5421E-Z. Using default IP of 192.168.1.108 (corresponds to my subnet of 192.168.1.x), no other device with that address.

Accessing that IP address on IE I get the familiar Dahua login page. I type in admin/admin, am prompted to change my password. I have tried several iterations of this: new password, re-use admin (doing a factory reset on camera in between) and every time I get another screen that says: "Authorize failed, please login again". The last several times I have left it at admin/admin" and then still get locked out. Do factory reset, try again.... you get the idea.

I'm on Win10 using IE 11, have tweaked compatibility settings and followed all the IE options specified on the Dahuawiki.

Any ideas what else to try?

BTW, camera is working fine, hooked up to Win10 desktop using Sighthound software. Motorized zoom works fine, autofocus is great. Just want to tweak some video parameters.

Barry

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what happens if you hit cancel on pw change? Tried another browser? you wont get the plugin loaded but you can change all the settings w/out it

Reaction score
When I hit cancel, both username and pw are cleared of anything entered, leaving both fields blank. That's all.

I have tried Chrome (with and without IE tab). No luck.

When I use Edge, I log in OK but am prompted to download an add in from the Chrome webstore. Of course, all that does is add an extension (NACL web plug in) to Chrome. All the controls are available, but there is no video to show the effect of changing video settings.

I guess there is nothing wrong with only being able to use Config Tool to change camera settings but it would be nice to access them using IE.

Related question: is there any way to manually focus the camera? When I zoom, it appears to auto focus. Can't find any way to override that.

Barry

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
after its zoomed you can adjust focus, but anytime you change zoom its going to kick off an autofocus

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@barrypilger, I have a new Win10 laptop. If I type the address in Edge, the window comes up to load the Chrome Plug ins. I then clicked the three dots in the upper right corner and chose "Open in Internet Explorer". I did not set anything else in IE 11. You can then load the plug ins and it works fine. My only complaint is that if you change to another camera's ip address through the browser, it prompts you to load the plugins again. There is then an error for 10 files or so, and I choose ignore for each one and it fires right up. This only happens when using a different ip address from the last visit. If I keep going to my PTZ, it works without the load plug in prompt.

SD

Reaction score
@Solar Diety, I just tried the Edge, three dots, Open in IE". Same result. Enter username, and PW, get new popup that says, "Authorize failed, Please login again!".

Guess I'll have to stick with Config Tool.

Barry

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to hear @barrypilger. That was how I got it to work finally on my Win 10 box. My Win 7 box has no issues as well. I never configured them in any way either. Just default settings.

How about clearing your IE temporary internet files, form date, cookies etc. and try again? A shot in the dark.

SD

Reaction score
Hi SD, cleared all temporary files. Still no luck. The only way I have been able to access the camera using a browser is by using Edge. It accepts login/PW but does not stream video. The link for the plugin is to a Chrome extension, which is of course useless in Edge. Tried to find the plugin in Chrome and it doesn't appear to exist. I seem to be left with no way to make numerous adjustments on this camera, as the Config Tool has limited adjustment options. Any other ideas?

I have also changed the pw from default to a new pw. When the new pw is entered correctly I get the error message I previously outlined. If I enter the new pw incorrectly I get a different error message. It correctly says I have entered the wrong pw. At least that part works.

BP

Reaction score
Finally success. Chrome with IE Tab extension works now. Created new user with full privileges. Login works fine with new user credentials.

Now, can someone tell me how to change the shutter speed. Can't seem to find where that control is.