Hi all!

euwashere

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in need of some couseling because I'm really lost with so many options.

What I need is a survailance system that can créate users that are only there to watch some video feeds and later on can be erased. The reason being is that I want a survailance system because its about time but I have a home day care center and would want to give the parents use of the system for the play áreas for the kids and later on erase the users if they no longer are using my services.

I've seen Synology Surveillance Station Client have something similar but I'm runing on a low Budget, I would want it to be cheap as possible for now and then be able to make it upgradeable.
Also I've seen a tutorial that I could use scraped laptop cameras and convert them to usb cameras and use them inside for said purposes, but can those work in the dark? If not do you know of cheap infrared cameras or night visión or however its said?

It also needs to be accesible form an exernal web or app from ouside the network.

Any ideas?

(sorry if I butchered the text, English is my second lenguage)

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi euwashere, What you could do with is looking into BlueIris Blue Iris - Video Security Software.... It's a VMS system that you can customise very well to enable your clients to have their own login's and access to set cameras and allow or disallow access to recorded footage. You could also set date and time limits so they can't access the camera feeds at anytime.

If you search this forum you will find a lot of information about this product. You can download a demo for free, it lasts about 30days and the full products is about 40 - 50 euros.
Depending on how many cameras you want to run from this system, a i3 / i5 Intel based desktop will be needed to run the application on. If you haven't already got one you can search ebay or Dell Referbs and pick one up for about 100 - 200 euros.

Just be mindful of locking down any system that would be basically streaming minors and check where you stand legally as I wouldn't want my children subjected to an open system whereby any weirdo could perv on my kids.

euwashere

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi euwashere, What you could do with is looking into BlueIris Blue Iris - Video Security Software.... It's a VMS system that you can customise very well to enable your clients to have their own login's and access to set cameras and allow or disallow access to recorded footage. You could also set date and time limits so they can't access the camera feeds at anytime.

If you search this forum you will find a lot of information about this product. You can download a demo for free, it lasts about 30days and the full products is about 40 - 50 euros.
Depending on how many cameras you want to run from this system, a i3 / i5 Intel based desktop will be needed to run the application on. If you haven't already got one you can search ebay or Dell Referbs and pick one up for about 100 - 200 euros.

Just be mindful of locking down any system that would be basically streaming minors and check where you stand legally as I wouldn't want my children subjected to an open system whereby any weirdo could perv on my kids.
THIS is what I was asking, thanks A LOT.
Imagine you let your kids with some stranger for 8h while you work…...you'd want to see what they are doing or what they are eating and so on, it's only for the parents and they are already warned when they can see their children if they want, so consentment is already given.
And again THANKS A LOT.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you try to cheap out on this, it will be nothing but problems. You are opening up a can of worms for yourself, as you will become the tech support for the parents that can't get the cams to work for them. Good luck.

Reactions: JDJ

euwashere

n3wb
Reaction score
If you try to cheap out on this, it will be nothing but problems. You are opening up a can of worms for yourself, as you will become the tech support for the parents that can't get the cams to work for them. Good luck.
so you are telling me that USB cameras are hard to find inside the software even when no other cameras are plugged in?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so you are telling me that USB cameras are hard to find inside the software even when no other cameras are plugged in?
Not hard to find, you just may have issues setting them up.. Depending on the model it could be simply plug and play or a lot of driver installing and trial and error. I've gotten Blueiris to run from the built in web camera on laptops both Dell and HP so anything is possible. But then again I've tried the same on say a Asus laptop and couldn't get the web camera to work for love or money. Ideally you want some cheap yet good quality IP cameras.

Example Aliexpress.com : Buy IPC HDBW4431R AS IP Camera DH IPC HDBW4431R AS 4MP H.265 Vandal Dome Network IR H.265 Support POE IPC HDBW4431R AS from Reliable 4mp h.265 suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

4mp and as they would be used in daylight indoors with lots of light would be ideal.