HI everyone from the sunny (not!) North of England

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - I have joined the forum out of desparation.. I've installed 4 ip cams on PoE into an NVR and can't for the life of me get it working.. I'm sure they should just plug and play but they don't!!! I'll put a post in the main forum.. so hopefully see you there with your wisdom...
Regards

Tony

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to give brand names and camera model numbers
Before any helping pointers can be given
Then we can help you out tony
Post up what you have and done so far

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to give brand names and camera model numbers
Before any helping pointers can be given
Then we can help you out tony
Post up what you have and done so far
HI Marku2 - I have posted this on the main board and here is the link.. you will see that I have posted some photos that show all the makes and model numbers of the two types of cameras and the NVR (in reply to someone called Matt)
With regard to what I have done so far.. well I thought I knew but have gotten a bit confused. I have hooked up the NVR to the cameras over PoE. the cameras have been logged into individually first using a network switch and each is set to 19XXx???? resolution (high but not the highest) and VBR and 6fps. The NVR is attached to the home hub and that seems to be working because I can get the smartphone app 'Superliveplus' to work. The thing is that it kept crashing the cameras and now won't load them up at all. I wondered about things I don't understand like should they be on RTSP or what is NAT and loads of other stuff. The menus are complex and my knowledge is scant. If it had just worked - perhaps with a bit of fiddling then I could do it but I don't know enough to sort it when it goes wrong. It did work unreliably for a short while though!! Hope this helps. As I am on two threads now - confusingly - I will also post this information on the other post so you may be better replying there.. thanks a lot
Tony