Hi everyone! Urgent help needed please!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I need a bit of help please as I don t know how to go forward with the following system please.

So I bought

6x

Camera bullet IP Hikvision DS-2CD2T55FWD-I8 5MP, 4mm, IR 80m, IP67, WDR120dB, RO

1x

NVR 8 canale Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P 160Mbps, 8xPoE, HDMI 4K, ONVIF

And 2 tb hdd wd for this purpose...

I need to install them on a farm, they are all on poe ports at the back of the NVR and they work tested home added automaticly by plug n play mode

The problem is that 2 or 3 cameras might need more than 100m distance cables and those cameras are in the same building.

Solutions I thought abt by reading online:

• Connect internet cable to a normal switch, and from the switch a cable to lan port of the nvr. In the switch also add a long 100m cable to a poe switch and from there add the 3 cameras. I have tried to do this at home but without the poe nvr , just another camera in the switch with separate dc power , and to add it manually to the nvr configuration with the ip address at the menu replacing on of the nvr ports using manual mode and it s trying to connect but it fails... but I can see it in the nvr conf. will this setup work? How do I need to set the settings for the ips? Any advice for the extra poe switch? I understand poe switch only works if plugged in a normal switch and then to lan port of the nvr, not to nvr poe port.
  1. Solution 2 : use poe extenders. I thought more cables and less switches will be better as the network doesn t get any bottlenecks, but I don t know nothing abt poe extenders. Will the nvr support them? Do they need separate power? One per each camera would be enough for me as they are not farther away than 200m. Which model should I choose? Does the poe nvr support 2 or 3 extenders in total? One per each cable , for 3 of the ports? As I need to run 2-3 cameras 170m away. Also if I need any power for the extenders and which models do you recomend?

I m very new to ip cams but I have a good computer background and I m trying to understand how it works and which accesories I should use to setup the cameras. Thank you!

I don t mind using more cable and using less switches so to go to solution 2 but I need help deciding abt poe extenders, as I don t understand how they really work and if they need separate power and if the nvr has enough power to support 3 of the cameras with longer cables and one extender each... please help me as I need to setup this asap! I will use ftp cable cat 5e for the setup.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Thank you but I already bought the equipment and now I have to find a solution for those... maybe a poe extender dahua? What would you recommend?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

• .. Any advice for the extra poe switch? I understand poe switch only works if plugged in a normal switch and then to lan port of the nvr, not to nvr poe port.
Thanks again.
Welcome Caraman,

I would just use a PoE switch to the LAN port of the NVR, as you suggest, just place it about 1/2 way in between the 170M run, and remember to use quality solid copper wire cat5e/cat6 cable, not the cheaper CCA wires in the cheaper cables.

I think that will be the easiest.

Remember to set the IP addresses of the cameras on that switch appropriately so the NVR can see them. ( static IP addresses would be fine )

Reaction score
Thank you Mat for your reply!

But I can not connect it directly in the lan port, it has through the internet router which will be connected to the nvr lan right?

How do I set the ip adresses for the cams? I read somewhere abt iVMS ... is that correct?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Mat for your reply!

But I can not connect it directly in the lan port, it has through the internet router which will be connected to the nvr lan right?

How do I set the ip adresses for the cams? I read somewhere abt iVMS ... is that correct?
Hi Caraman,

Look for Hikvision tools to help you. SADP.

I would recommend then adding another switch upstream of the NVR and connect it to the LAN port of the NVR and then 100M later to the other switch ( POE ) for the 3 cameras far away.

You can then connect that new switch to the router, best not to put too much traffic through your internet router.

Reaction score
My router is just a 4g huawei so I ll connect that to a switch and the switch to the lan port of the nvr. Then I ll connect to switch the poe switch half distance away and then the cameras in the poe switch.
The normal switch does it have to be gygabit? Or any special req?