Hi from Brazil... Looking for help with a good de-warping software

effelle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm Italian but I'm living in Brazil since 2011 (due to my work).

I'm here because I'm looking for an alternative for Zoneminder, preferably under Linux, with de-warping support (completely missing on ZM).
I've already tried various solution and the more interesting I found (under Windows) is Smart PSS.
Problem is I have various Onvif cameras, and no one is from Dahua!
I'm trying to configure them but no one seems to be accepted and are normally marked as offline or the software can't find the host. I double checked user/password/ip/port many times with no luck.
Since I don't have a standalone NVR I'm suing the PC-NVR that come with the standard install but till now I've had no success. Is there someone that can drive me to the right way?

Thanks to all, I think I found a very good forum here.

Cheers,

Federico

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm Italian but I'm living in Brazil since 2011 (due to my work).

I'm here because I'm looking for an alternative for Zoneminder, preferably under Linux, with de-warping support (completely missing on ZM).
I've already tried various solution and the more interesting I found (under Windows) is Smart PSS.
Problem is I have various Onvif cameras, and no one is from Dahua!
I'm trying to configure them but no one seems to be accepted and are normally marked as offline or the software can't find the host. I double checked user/password/ip/port many times with no luck.
Since I don't have a standalone NVR I'm suing the PC-NVR that come with the standard install but till now I've had no success. Is there someone that can drive me to the right way?

Thanks to all, I think I found a very good forum here.

Cheers,

Federico
Home
about 70 dollars per camera license

effelle

n3wb
Reaction score
70 bucks for every camera? Ouch.
For an home environment is not exactly cheap...
Anyway, thank you só much for your reply, is another option I can look at.

F.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
70 bucks for every camera? Ouch.
For an home environment is not exactly cheap...
Anyway, thank you só much for your reply, is another option I can look at.

F.
yes, that is actually a good price in this arena...
blue iris can do dewarping but only on the recorded video and it is windows based...you will not find these functions on free vms...stay away from the low end junk 360 cameras

effelle

n3wb
Reaction score
Understood. Thanks for the advice, but I have already a cheap 360 camera.