Hi from Montréal!

Arnold

n3wb
Reaction score
I am just realizing that I should have introduced myself before submitting a post (in BI troubleshooting actually). Sorry!

So, I am using BI and 11 Foscam IP cameras, locally on LANed PCs and remotely on IOS mobiles, for my home security system. I am retired and these interesting and promising technologies are my hobby. And they are very helpful for monitoring my 6 grand children when they are home...

My plan is to complete the system with a couple of Intel Galileos and Arduino UNOs hooked up to a variety of sensors/actuators.

My plan is currently held by a trivial problem : I can't get the BI DIO COM port working. The is the object of my premature post in "troubleshooting".

Arnold

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Montreal is my favorite city in Canada, sailed there form NYC when I was 12 (actually St. Jean, then Montreal by bus).

I started to venture into an Arduino, the YUN. Using it to send temps to the camera's on screen display. My biggest problem is the temperatures are about 10f too high. Tried different sensors, capacitors, voltages, formulas and all comes out the same. Tried various sample code and same results. About ready to dump Arduino in favor of the Raspberry PI or maybe a Beagleboard.

Arnold

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope next time you will sail up to Montréal; sailing the Saint Lawrence is worth the trip!

I don't know much about the YUN but I know sensing the temp is not as easy as it seems; lots of processor cycles, variables and mathematics in there. Just ask anyone what the current temps is; answers will vary largely and can hardly be explained. Your YUN or even yourself might just influence the temp readings. If "different sensors, capacitors, voltages, formulas and all comes out the same", that's what I would suspect. One way to find out what happen would be to measure the temp exactly at the same location but with a different set up and analyse the differences. If the differences are patterned and can be repeated, you can program them in the microcontroller.

I wish you the best luck!