Hi from the Kapiti Coast, New Zealand

brendanl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

The info here has helped me over the last few weeks as I've stepped up from a temporary Webcam/iSpy setup to BlueIris and 2 x HikVision DS-2CD2132F-IS IP Cams. So thanks all.

The temporary setup was successful in catching the fella I was after & he's appearing in court in a couple of weeks. I'll post some video in the Video and pics section :)

I plan on installing some more IPCams shortly, but may need to work out a new hosting arrangement here first. Currently BI is on my main i7, though I wouldn't know it: 2 x 1080p, < 10% CPU, 1.2 GB Ram.

Bought the cams and an 8 port POE switch from AliExpress. NZ is about the furthest from any other country in the world, with a very small market and hardly any ability to buy this sort of gear from anywhere else. Lots of fun setting things up & I'm thinking about adding in some other monitoring/Automation kit shortly e.g. Z Wave, Aeon Stick, perhaps OpenHAB. Though once again the NZ thing is a challenge. Australia and NZ operate on different frequencies to the rest of the world so there's less kit and less supply channels :(

cheers
Brendan