Hi from Toronto

Reaction score
I have an existing security system (domes with dvr) ...I can send links of equipment but im getting ir bleed and its over rg59 prewired cables. I dont think I wanna change the dvr but it supports up to 5mp and I believe it is a 4 in 1 DVR.

I was reading some of the posts here that higher mp is not always better and I need cameras that can be run over coax and I have 12v power supply.

any help or links to suggested cameras would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to IPCamTalk!

I suggest you read this thread here and particularly @fenderman 's suggestions regarding Dahua ePOE over coax.

FWIW, most domes will have IR bleed if it has a foam ring around the lens that's missing/out of position or if domes are dirty due to dust sticking after rain/fog or cloudy due to UV deterioration. Turret cams are the least troublesome of all the styles.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an existing security system (domes with dvr) ...I can send links of equipment but im getting ir bleed and its over rg59 prewired cables. I dont think I wanna change the dvr but it supports up to 5mp and I believe it is a 4 in 1 DVR.

I was reading some of the posts here that higher mp is not always better and I need cameras that can be run over coax and I have 12v power supply.

any help or links to suggested cameras would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome @DaveToronto

TonyR has imho hit your issue spot on in terms of IR bleed. Check the cameras, sometimes you can DIY hack a new foam ring around the lens or readjust the current one if the plastic dome is still ok.

Reaction score
this is the dvr I have
Galaxy 4CH 5MP HD-TVI 5-in-1 DVR

these are the cameras
Galaxy Platinum 5.0MP HD-TVI Starlight Dome Camera - 2.8mm

I cant rewire the coax as it is a 7000 sq finished property (lots of cable ..will be impossible to pull it. I read the articles above so it seems that you guys are recommending a 2mp starvis camera that runs over coax with some kind of ip converter? Can someone send me the link of what I can buy from andy. I have a po box in the us so I can pick up the item there ( I also have an amazon account). I have a professional coming to take the cameras down (they are under warranty and they will replace ring around lens) but id rather sell them and get new ones without all these issues. the guy at the shop recommended these:

Galaxy Prestige 5MP HD-TVI Starlight Motorized VF Turret Camera - 2.8~12mm

or these:

Galaxy Prestige 5MP HD-TVI Starlight Turret Camera - 2.8mm

id rather buy something from andy that will work with this dvr. im currently using ptcloud to stream to my phone.

Any links would be appreciated to all appropriate equipment.