Hi guys - issue with Hikvision no video error

gwebstech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing OK today

I've just set up my Hikvision camera DS 2CD2386G2 and the only issue I can see so far is that when I get a notification of an event, I click on it to play and get the above error.

I've Initialised the SD card, so it's not that, I'm connected to the Internet ( I've got the app on my phone, used ethernet to connect to my router) I can view the live stream from a friend's house so all I think I need to do is figure out how to get it to record events. The app says no new version available

I'm assuming with me being able to connect to the camera from other places than home that I don't need to enter the router settings for this to work? i cant think what it could be apart from the reset button but ill need to unscrew it to try that.

Any advice will be gratefully received

Thanks

gwebstech

n3wb
Reaction score
Doh! Lol. It's a video not present error mate, thw system is telling me an event happened. I go to look at it and click play and its saying theres no video to play. I had read this was because the SD card isn't formatted but I've done that?

Thanks

gwebstech

n3wb
Reaction score
I just swapped the SD card to a smaller 64gb one and no difference, tried the reset button and its still the same issue so it can't be the SD card