HI - I am having serious problems with either my NVR or cameras!! Can you help? I've spent hours...

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
HI - I have set up what I thought was quite a simple set-up here but how wrong was I.. I have 4 hi-res Q-Vis/Oyn-X cameras over PoE into a Oyn-X Falcon NVR and I just can't get it working! the cameras used to just crash one at a time leaving just one on.. now I can't get any up at all. I spoke to an installer who suggested dripping to 6fps so I logged on to each camera and set it to 6fps but to no avail..

I'm sure these are supposed to be plug and play! I have tested the cables and they seemed ok - I could always re-check them. I think the problem is elsewhere.. what sort of default settings should I have for a set-up like this? Should I be using RTSP or something? There is so much I don't know

Hope you can help

Tony

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI - I have set up what I thought was quite a simple set-up here but how wrong was I.. I have 4 hi-res Q-Vis/Oyn-X cameras over PoE into a Oyn-X Falcon NVR and I just can't get it working! the cameras used to just crash one at a time leaving just one on.. now I can't get any up at all. I spoke to an installer who suggested dripping to 6fps so I logged on to each camera and set it to 6fps but to no avail..

I'm sure these are supposed to be plug and play! I have tested the cables and they seemed ok - I could always re-check them. I think the problem is elsewhere.. what sort of default settings should I have for a set-up like this? Should I be using RTSP or something? There is so much I don't know

Hope you can help

Tony
Hi Tony,

Did you just purchase these?

Do you have a link on the cameras / NVR? ( I looked here OYNX - CCTV Manufacturers And Wholesale Suppliers )

Yes, they should be plug and play when a vendor sells you a kit.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi... they came from CPC in Preston.....
Hi Tony,

Did they provide any documentation? Either paper or on their website?

I could not find the models when I searched.

Much of what is sold world wide is now made by Hikvision or Dahua as OEM for the brands you see.

If we can map the particular cameras to either of those brands then there are subgroups here specializing in those OEMs.

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
There was a paucity of information... I have some. There is a link to the Falcon NVR on the web... I'll go find it

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As already noted above, return it and start researching here.
If you didn't install correctly, it may have already been hacked.

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
This is all rather worrying.. I'm reluctant to try to take it back... i've had it a couple of months now and the cameras are installed around the place. Can I factory reset everything and start from scratch in consultation with you guys?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is all rather worrying.. I'm reluctant to try to take it back... i've had it a couple of months now and the cameras are installed around the place. Can I factory reset everything and start from scratch in consultation with you guys?
Hi Tony,

The problem here is that we may not know this product well. The folks who know this product well should be the vendor or company selling / distributing this product.

If the product is a cheaper kit from a little known manufacturer from China the odds are very high that they have not invested enough work in it to make it easier to setup and use, as well as questions about the quality of the product in general.

An great example of the issue here is that there is little good documentation for us to look at.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do a factory reset of the cameras and I also noticed if there's an ip conflict the cameras won't work at all. Look at the NVR logs and configure 1 camera at a time and assign them with individual IPs and test.

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
HI - I do know that the IP's are all different, I am going to reset them. I am just going to reply to the chap who asked me what make/model they all are and what I have done so far.. it's hard to describe exactly what I've done so far but I'll give it a go!
Thanks
Tony

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Did they provide any documentation? Either paper or on their website?

I could not find the models when I searched.

Much of what is sold world wide is now made by Hikvision or Dahua as OEM for the brands you see.

If we can map the particular cameras to either of those brands then there are subgroups here specializing in those OEMs.
HI Matt

I response to your question I have now photographed all the boxes which show all the model numbers etc. There may be something there that you or someone else recognises. Someone else asked me what they are and what I had done so far so I will probably reply separately to him so he doesn't miss it.. Here are the pictures of what I have. I have also networked up the NVR so I can use 'Superliveplus' iphone monitoring with it - this does work apart from the constant crashing. If I could get some lead into how I perhaps should have set this up then I can reset the lot and start again. If I then can't do it I am going to have to call someone out but it is knowing who is good for this sort of thing in my area. If I can sort it first of course I will...
IMG_1981 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1980 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1979 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1978 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1977 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1976 by Tony H, on Flickr

IMG_1982 by Tony H, on Flickr

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
W
MAC address lookup result for bullet and eyeball camera
18: D9 :49 -> Qvis Labs, LLC

Internet search results:
Cameras

Bullet Camera looks like this one:
4MP IP Mini Bullet CCTV Camera

Eyeball camera looks like this one:
4MP IP Eyeball Dome CCTV Camera

Note there are manuals available for download

Hi - I have seen the manuals - the ones for the cameras are very basic.. unless I am not looking right! I will have another look

ith regard to what I have done so far.. well I thought I knew but have gotten a bit confused. I have hooked up the NVR to the cameras over PoE. the cameras have been logged into individually first using a network switch and each is set to 19XXx???? resolution (high but not the highest) and VBR and 6fps. The NVR is attached to the home hub and that seems to be working because I can get the smartphone app 'Superliveplus' to work. The thing is that it kept crashing the cameras and now won't load them up at all. I wondered about things I don't understand like should they be on RTSP or what is NAT and loads of other stuff. The menus are complex and my knowledge is scant. If it had just worked - perhaps with a bit of fiddling then I could do it but I don't know enough to sort it when it goes wrong. It did work unreliably for a short while though!!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is what I would try:

Get 4 new SHORT cat6/cat5e cables ( maybe 3M long ) - and hook up the NVR and cameras and connect a monitor to the NVR and see what results you get with just a test setup. ( hopefully the cameras are set for DHCP - otherwise you will have to somehow fix that - a factory reset on each camera should work if you are unable to access the camera's web interface )

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is what I would try:

Get 4 new SHORT cat6/cat5e cables ( maybe 3M long ) - and hook up the NVR and cameras and connect a monitor to the NVR and see what results you get with just a test setup.
that is a good idea!!! Also I just looked at one of those manuals - loads of information there. I don't understand it all but I can have a proper look later. As I say I did have it working for a while so I think I essentially did it right but then it all started crashing! One camera after another till none.. I think I have fiddled about too much trying to sort it. I will get the cables

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have any ports forwarded in the router? Don't do that, huge security risk.
Do you have UPNP turned off in the router?
Do you have UPNP turned off in the NVR and Cameras?

If hacked, Typically, you can power off all the devices connected to your network, including any switches or routers, tv's, etc. Leave all turned off for 10 minutes, should clear any hackings. And by power off, I mean unplug it from power, not just turn it off.

I would then disconnect the NVR from the network totally, then power the NVR and cams back up, while leaving the NVR disonnected from the network. See if things work better.

If not, I would reset the cameras, and the NVR to factory defaults, and start over.

Tony Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. That is very helpful thanks. I'll grt into the settings and try that. Particularly the UPNP. I did have port forwarding turned on in the router. I think at first to set ip the cameras on Angel Cam but scrapped that because it was too much bandwidth (I thought) because the cameras keplt crashing. So I bought the NVR. I am sure I turnedniff the forwarding of the cameras but it might still be on for the NVR because I thought I needed it for the smarphone app