Hi, I am lost and need help, NVR 6208-P8 can't find Cameras in program.

Joe.G

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a NVR 6208-P8 that was given to me by a friend after he upgraded, I picked up 2 H48B-2.5MM cameras they look like these but black ( Amazon.com : 2MP PoE Security IP Camera - Compatible with Hikvision DS-2CD2322WD-I Turret, Indoor and Outdoor, Weather Proof, EXIR Night Vision, 2.8mm Lens, Best for Home and Business Security, 3 Year Warranty : Camera & Photo ) I have plugged the cameras into the NVR with Cat 5E Patch cable and I have plugged it directly into Laptop also, They only cameras that show up are the old ones and they do not let me delete them, I have tried the SADP software also and it only finds the NVR. I have the NVR hooked to my router. The information with my cameras say I need to ctivate them with a password before they will work but I cant even get to that step. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

P.S I think this is all POE as I do not have a power supply just the cat 5e cable to the cameras.

Update

Okay so I took a AC?DC adapter I had and plugged it into the camera, I was then able to see it on the SADP software and I made it active, I still am not able to get it to come up on the NVR. Is the power adapter only needed for programing or do I need it all of the time? The NVR shows it is putting out about 4 W of power to each camera though POE. Thank you

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Joe.G

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I think The new cameras and the box are not compatible, I picked up a new NVR so we will see.