Hidden Cameras for a Bar/Tavern

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions and Ideas for hidden cameras that can blend in at a bar that will work with Blue Iris. I was trying to find light strips like the kind that sometimes are over the bar top looking down with cameras built in. Let the ideas flow if you have them. Thanks

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do they need to be hidden?
Just looking for some that will blend in better. The owner isnt crazy about seeing cameras out in the open he thinks it will make patrons uncomfortable. I told him Seeing the cameras is a deterrent to thieves but I told him I would do some research and see what I could come up with.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just looking for some that will blend in better. The owner isnt crazy about seeing cameras out in the open he thinks it will make patrons uncomfortable. I told him Seeing the cameras is a deterrent to thieves but I told him I would do some research and see what I could come up with.
You could take any of the starlight eye balls, remove it from the housing, then hide the ball in something.
Or just paint them to blend in to the surroundings.

Thing is most people arn't obserevent enough to notice them in plain sight.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could take any of the starlight eye balls, remove it from the housing, then hide the ball in something.

I'll check this out. I was already thinking about the painting idea. Nice and simple.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I imagine the starlight mini-domes would blend in nicely if everything but the dome were painted to match the wall.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no harm in having a couple well placed coverts covering the bar supplies and tills while you're installing too, may never be needed but in case anyone does get light fingered you'd have the evidence ready. Make sure to cover different view angles to make it harder to shield the action from the cameras tho.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no harm in having a couple well placed coverts covering the bar supplies and tills while you're installing too, may never be needed but in case anyone does get light fingered you'd have the evidence ready. Make sure to cover different view angles to make it harder to shield the action from the cameras tho.
Very good point