High CPU usage with only 28 Cameras

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a BlueIris Server with the following configuration:
I7 6700K
16GB Ram DDR4
1TB HDD

Currently runing 28 cameras and my CPU usage it's too right i think, in a average of 65%.
I Need to run 64 cameras in that server. I notice that a few cameras runs with a very right bitrate, i tried to decrease but the video quality drops a lot and the bitrate don't decrease in a significant amount. Sending a image of the bitrate:

cameras.jpg

Also, all my cameras are configured like this:

BlueIris2.png
And my blue iris like this:

blueiris1.png

Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you running the demo? are you remoting in?

Reaction score
I usuly acess the server using Team Viewer.
The server is conected to two tvs that i monitor the cameras.

Jareds

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems high, is this a dedicated machine? Are u using the on board video or an add on video card

Reaction score
Seems high, is this a dedicated machine? Are u using the on board video or an add on video card
Yes, it's a dedicated machine. Using onboard video card, but i'm not using hardware aceleration.
What u think that could be ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ow. So i will not be able to run 64 cameras with that hardware ?
What video card shold i buy to run the 64 cameras ?
hardware acceleration is an option in blue iris...you must use intel hd video you already have...read the help file and this forum..you will be able to run 64 cameras because you are running 1mp cameras at low frame rates...
next time stay away from foscam junk cameras

Jareds

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
don't change network card. Use on board video. just enable hardware acceleration like stated above and u should see a big drop

Reaction score
hardware acceleration is an option in blue iris...you must use intel hd video you already have...read the help file and this forum..you will be able to run 64 cameras because you are running 1mp cameras at low frame rates...
next time stay away from foscam junk cameras
What cameras did u recomend ?

Reaction score
don't change network card. Use on board video. just enable hardware acceleration like stated above and u should see a big drop
I'm using the hardware aceleration on the general options on cameras section(see the image that a send in the first post). But in each camera in the video section the option: H.264 HW DECODER it is Default.
Is that right ? Or should a change to yes(no vpp) ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using the hardware aceleration on the general options on cameras section(see the image that a send in the first post). But in each camera in the video section the option: H.264 HW DECODER it is Default.
Is that right ? Or should a change to yes(no vpp) ?
yes leave it defaut..in the main blue iris options setting also set no vpp...