Higher focal length (zoom) cameras?

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z, but I would like another camera that "zooms in" a bit more than this one can (12mm is the max according to the specs). I like the Dahua turret style cameras, but I think they only offer lens options up to 6mm. Is there a way to get a camera with a lens that zooms a little farther than 12mm (preferably turret style)?

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess that is one option, but I was hoping to find something in a turret style (a little less intrusive looking than a bullet style camera).

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@orrd I'm not sure if Dahua turrets uses threaded lens. But this discussion thread is relevent because some people have bought M12 lens for their Hikvision turrets:

Change a Hikvision lens from 2.8mm to 4mm or 6mm?

Scroll thru the discussion. See the comparison pics. Look at the instructional video. It's pretty cool stuff.

I'm going to try the same thing on my Hik. I ordered 16mm and 25mm lens from Aliexpress and waiting for delivery.

Last edited:

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a lot of interesting info there. I wonder if those same lenses they're using for the Hikivision ones can be mounted on a Dahua turret?