HIK 2032 install pic

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Finally got 4 of them from china... got one mounted so far...100+ foot run with POE and a 48 volt 18 watt computer monitor power supply ($10) spliced into the blue and brown wires on the cat6 cable.

Nothing special going on in this shot, customer picking up vehicle...

New Install Snapshot.jpg

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally got 4 of them from china... got one mounted so far...100+ foot run with POE and a 48 volt 18 watt computer monitor power supply ($10) spliced into the blue and brown wires on the cat6 cable.

Nothing special going on in this shot, customer picking up vehicle...

View attachment 469

Pretty good shot there, are you going to post a pic of the install location? Do you lease that building and if so, did you ask the landlord if you could put up cameras first? Just curious, I rent the house I am in and I asked the landlord if I could put up cameras but I don't think he knew exactly what that entailed, heh heh.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hanging on some 3/8" steel pipe on the front corner of my building

NICE, I LOVE the big yellow sign too. Some people are all like noo hide the cams, don't make people feel uncomfortable, I am all about make the cams obvious and make sure people know they are being watched. If they STILL do something stupid, they deserve what they get. :)

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NICE, I LOVE the big yellow sign too. Some people are all like noo hide the cams, don't make people feel uncomfortable, I am all about make the cams obvious and make sure people know they are being watched. If they STILL do something stupid, they deserve what they get.
One way to look at it is if someone is determined to get into your place, and they know you have cameras, they will attempt to hide their face. If they are unaware of cameras, you just might get a good id if you don't catch them in the act.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
One way to look at it is if someone is determined to get into your place, and they know you have cameras, they will attempt to hide their face. If they are unaware of cameras, you just might get a good id if you don't catch them in the act.

Possibly, but I have seen many times where someone wore a mask and someone still recognized them from other factors, also sometimes they make stupid mistakes like touching things and then in the video you see where to dust for prints or they wear a certain jacket etc.

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
4mm lens, and up/down it's covering about 50-60 feet, left/right is covering about 75-85 feet... it's about 25 feet off of the ground pointing down at about a 45 degree angle..approx....