Hik 2032 vs 2632

dalepa

Reaction score
I've been noticing that the Hik 2632 VF@2.8mm night Image Quality is significantly better than my 2032@4mm...

I'm not sure if it's the lighting condition difference, or the 2632 is just a better IQ lens... I yet to see any noise in the 2632...

Does anyone else have night shots of the 2632 at night with the lens set higher than about 4mm?

Hik2632.20140327_222837.jpgDriveRec.20140327_222816.jpg

Sunny

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it might be due to your IR's being blocked by the water feature

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dalepa, what is your exposure set to on the 2632?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
it's not really a good comparison unless you put both cameras next to each other in the same spot.

mqranch

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered another 2632 for the rooftop weather/airport cam... I'll soon be able to compare the noise...
Hi Dalepa, I'm looking at getting the 2632 after much research and reading what Network Camera Critic has to say, but I want it for exactly the use you mention above. A weather/long view camera. Have you set yours up yet and if so, how well is it working for that purpose? Are you able to post a day time snapshot here?

thanks

dalepa

Reaction score
Yep, just got the 2632 this afternoon and stuck it temporary the top of the roof on a pole and not stabilized yet... So far, the day and night look great. I'm still trying different settings, but the night shots with an exposure time of 1/3 second is lighting up the night ski... Here are this afternoon's sunset, and ~midnight clip

Setting the 2632 to 2.8mm is easy ( after watching a youtube video) but setting the manual focus is a little tricky, but doable.

(set to 1080p)

Pretty impressive below considering its almost midnight and that's a star top left. (set to 1080p)

Hi Dalepa, I'm looking at getting the 2632 after much research and reading what Network Camera Critic has to say, but I want it for exactly the use you mention above. A weather/long view camera. Have you set yours up yet and if so, how well is it working for that purpose? Are you able to post a day time snapshot here?

thanks

mqranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Some night picture!

Holy Cow! That is impressive! Can you post a daytime shot in the morning? I want to set the camera up to look out over a lake and at the Coast Mountain Range beyond, so I really need to see if the resolution will be adequate for that. I don't need to stream video. I'll be uploading still images every few minutes to my website. Did you add the weather info by hand?

Thanks, and have a great night!

J

dalepa

Reaction score
1st night... I'm hooked on clouds...

Here's something I've never seen before, clouds at 2am moving bidirectional... 1st night too! I bet with the right scenery, you could capture some VERY cool vids with this setup.

Setting the exposure to down to 1/3 at night is the trick... Using an Ipad to get the focus perfect really helps.

I use MIKE's BI Tool to overlay the weather... Very cool and easy to use...

Last Night 2am... Set Quality to 1080p for better quality...

This morning, 7am

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
How did you do timelapse? Is a feature on BI I missed?

So far all I have seen is:

Triggered + Periodic. Combines "when triggered" with period. If you set the duration to 0 seconds, a single frame will be captured. When used with the "combine or cut" option, the effect will be a time-lapse video with normal speed recording only when the camera is triggered.

mqranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Daytime

That's impressive Delapa. Thank you for posting info and what the camera can do. I've nearly made up my mind on the camera but from what another poster said, manual focus is really hard to do, which might be a problem.....

J

mqranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Question, Delapa, are you able to post a single high res image with this camera? That's my goal.

Thx

J

dalepa

Reaction score
Put up a weather cam on the roof yesterday, ended up with a bird cam how's this for a single image @mqranch?

WeatherCam BIrd.jpg

@networkcameracritic, to get timelapse, I just record with "Video: continuous and set the alt/timelapse framerate to 1-4 seconds.. I also combine each cut to 1 hour, but that's up to how long you want the timelapse to run. It works great, and requires no additional processing..

(click on the gear icon and set to 1080p for best viewing)

How did you do timelapse? Is a feature on BI I missed?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous shot. And so long as birds don't use the camera as a sit & shit, all systems go with that one! Also, you're gonna get some simply amazing storm pictures man. Looking forward to that!

dalepa

Reaction score
That's a gorgeous shot. And so long as birds don't use the camera as a sit & shit, all systems go with that one! Also, you're gonna get some simply amazing storm pictures man. Looking forward to that!
I'm still stunned at the quality on this HIK and the ease to make a timeline with BI and only my first day of recording... Can't wait now for the 4K video cams...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Where I think you'll have the most opportunity is killer stills of weather...provided you have some. Not much compelling about a severe drought! Hope you wet your whistle there soon!

mqranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, that is worthy of a photo contest. Unbelievable! That really is a beautiful shot. Thanks for posting. I'm still doing the research on this particular camera. Like I said, one post mentioning how hard it is to focus is the only thing that has me concerned now. That and I still haven't seen a daytime still at high resolution that shows a landscape view at distance other than what Network Camera Critic had on his site for the Hik 2032 and I'm hoping this will be as good. The only other choice I'm looking at now is a Stardot but it's $908 at its cheapest and if I can something good for less, then I would like to.

Thanks again for posting, Dalepa.

J