Hik 2632 rj45 recable

dalepa

Reaction score
Due to bad weather proofing on my part, my hik2632 rj45 connector went bad.

I tried to determine the pin layout while cutting off the end, but couldn't determine all the pin colors.

So im left with trying to figure out how to recable to a new keystone jack without a diagram.

Anyone have any ideas on how to wire a hik2632 rj45?

dalepa

Reaction score
That's almost what I'm looking for, but my wires are slightly different colors... I have a Black and Red wires instead of the Grey and White

Found this at cctv forum...its for the lorex rebranded hik..so give it a shot
http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41536&p=250042&hilit=pin#p250042

Lorex Connector - Cat 6 Connector
Orange - Stripe Orange
Yellow - Orange
Green - Stripe Green
Purple - Blue
Gray - Stripe Blue
Blue - Green
Brown - Stripe Brown
White - Brown

Attachments

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have the other side, the socket? Could you use a continuity tester/volt meter and touch the pins in the socket and match it to the cable?

dalepa

Reaction score
Do you have the other side, the socket? Could you use a continuity tester/volt meter and touch the pins in the socket and match it to the cable?
The wires stripped off when I tried to get a look at the colors by opening the plastic housing. And I still need to know to re-connect the keystone jack.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
where is the original socket? I am guessing you cut it off?

xuvisku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi dalepa!
Some problem here!He managed to solve ? You could pass me how connected the colors? Thanks!

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity ... Would this void the warranty ? For Axis camera it is explicitly mentioned that cutting the cable will not void the waranty ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity ... Would this void the warranty ? For Axis camera it is explicitly mentioned that cutting the cable will not void the waranty ...
Where are you buying the camera from? Remember hikvision warranty only applies to cameras sold by authorized resellers.

xuvisku

n3wb
Reaction score
Did here and it worked , thank you !. I cut the RJ45 connector and redid the same amendments you made using an RJ45 female. could send a picture please how did to protect the wires ? I just baring and I am still thinking a way to protect it

ch11960

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem - corroded female connection on my DS-2CD2032-I. When I cut off the plug, the colors were as listed in the Tech Bulletin from Hikvision (as attached previously). The wire a keystone jack per the color configuration. When I plug into my POE switch, the camera infrareds light up, but I can't access the camera via SADP software or the IP address. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Is it possible I fried something in the camera but letting moisture into the connection?

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I plug into my POE switch, the camera infrareds light up, but I can't access the camera via SADP software or the IP address. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Is it possible I fried something in the camera but letting moisture into the connection?
Anything more on this? I'm having the same damn issue. I'm positive that the wiring is correct.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wire sequences on the previously posted Hikvision technical bulletins worked for me. Thanks to nzipcamera for posting this documentation!

Note that there are TWO (2) different pin-outs: one is for the "Value Series" cameras and the other is for the "Pro Series" cameras...AND EACH SERIES HAS A DIFFERENT PINOUT SEQUENCE.

Pinout-Pro-Series.jpg

Pinout-Value-Series.jpg

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the "Value" series camera/model but the "Pro" series colors. I tried the Pro wiring and that's where I'm stuck. Unless someone else has any info, I'll try tracing out the old plug later tonight.

uploadfromtaptalk1447701347890.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
... my wires are slightly different colors... I have a Black and Red wires instead of the Grey and White
Did you trace out black and red?

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Following up on this... I traced out my wires and they are NOTHING close to either of the 2 Hik bulletins. I'll post the pinout when I get back.

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1: Blue
2: Purple
3: Yellow
4: Red
5: Orange
6: Green
7: Brown
8: Black

It should be noted (and as shown in the photo I posted) that my camera is a Sept 2015 version of the DS-2CD2032F-IW