Hik 4mp's- no video in BI at full resolution

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 US version/ red box DS-2CD2342wd 4MP cameras on a new HP i5 BI setup. if I try to run the cameras full resolution I get a "no signal" window for each of them. The cameras are on their own local wired subnet feeding through a 5 port PoE switch, nothing else is attached. LAN/WAN access is via a separate subnet on a wireless card which is disabled at the moment. cameras are on latest firmware, BI is latest version. I have tried dropping FPS down on the cameras to 8FPS, increased bitrate to 16MB (CBR), changed to variable, enabled 264+, set direct to disk, removed all but one camera, changed to generic RTSP, Hik RTSP. no luck viewing the images unless they are on the sub stream feed. I have no problem live viewing all cameras through browser windows at the same time though. if I drop the cameras to 1920x1080 @ 25fps they work fine. processor usage remains below 20% while all 3 record. once all three were working I tried bumping the resolution on one back up to 2688x1520, the camera then distorted with dancing vertical lines across the whole picture, but never went to no signal.

I have built a lot of these systems, and used close to 20 of this exact camera model including 5 from the same order on 2 other systems just last week and I cannot say I have run into this before.

any recommendations on what to try? I just update BI to the latest version about 20 minutes ago, same issue on the prior version as well.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you should be using h.264 for all your testing..

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did, all of the setting i mentioned were toggled at different points for testing purposes. I dont actively run 264+ on any of the systems

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the full resolution RTSP Stream play fine in VLC?

Disable RTSP Timecodes and increase the receive buffer to 20MB

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yah, see the screenshot below- vlc shows the 4mp feed fine and BI has the vertical lines in it. let me try the time codes

Attachments

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
rtsp time codes didn't change it. camera maxes out at 16MB buffer, set that and set BI to 20- No signal