Hik connect goes offline frequently

Reaction score
I have DS-7104HGHI-F1, with 2 cams and a 10mbps connection.

When ever i enables platform access, it goes online, but after 1 or 2 hrs ( randomly, sometimes in minutes) it goes offline for no reason.

I must have to restart the DVR for getting it online again.

Telephone support for hik vision in india is not so friendly. They says 10mbps for 2 cam is very low, get a broadband :(

Zeeshan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Hik connect works fine only for few minutes after the camera is restarted. It goes offline there after and require a restart or network cable is unplugging/re-plugging of LAN cable.

rs68

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also having the same issue using noip.com and hik-connect, my camera is located in india and i am in the uk, camera goes offline and then reappears has been doing this for several weeks. I cant get to the camera to unplug it or reboot. I think it has something to do with the ddns services not synchronising the correct IP but cant be sure for definite.

Zeeshan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am only using hik connect so I thought it is due to Hik connect service but if you are experiencing the same on nip then it has to be camera firmware. My local support guy suggested to reset the camera and he also gave me multiple server address of Hik connect to try.

Btw since I have posted here my camera is working fine. But this has happened earlier as well. In between it started to work fine for few days and then start to do it again.

I have also read some where that it has to do with the Internet speed at time there is a security on ddns that block the slow connections. I am using a 4G lte for my Internet which might get slow at times. How good is your connection? It is stable?

My camera is also remote I have to call and ask someone to unplug and plug it but that is also useless as it only work for few minutes in my case.

Zeeshan

n3wb
Reaction score
@rs68 how can you use Hik connect and noip at the same time. In case of noip I guess you have to have port forwarding and you can only access the Web interface. I really like to have the Web interface as it allow you to access setting but my Internet service provider is not allowing port forwarding. Do you know any way to access Web portal without port fowarding.

rs68

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also using 4G LTE on Vodafone through a TP Link router, speed has been good not had any problems for the last 5 months and then this issue appeared. I have port forwarding set but cannot access the web portal of the camera or router, I guess the service provider is blocking ports but hik-connect allows a connection but cannot make remote configuration changes. My whole system is restarted most Saturdays as the area where the camera is located have frequent power outages for maintenance so no intervention is currently required ;-)

Noip.com doesn't seem to work for me although i do get a IP, I was in a rush to setup the camera on my last day in india so setup NoIP on the router and setup hik-connect on the camera, I may have done it wrong was hoping to configure the camera remotely from the UK but haven't manage to that. I did port forward the router for remote management and port forwarded the camera service ports.

Strange thing is the camera emails via gmail, so I can get the router IP, NoIP give an IP and Hik-connect also gives an IP but all three are not always the same. I have tried all three IP's without success.

Only way I can think it is possible is to get someone with a laptop to connect to the local network and teamviewer in to make changes, only issue is security.

I think in my case the camera doesn't seem to be down as I am still getting emails when I cannot Hik-Connect, it could be as you suggested a internet speed issue. If I manage to connect to the web portal I will post back here.

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. It works few days & then goes offline again. It is kept in remote area with 4g connectivity which is always on as other equipment working on it works fine. Cannot restart the DVR. HIK Vision cannot provide any support. So To now restart it remotely , I am going to connect the power to a wifi enabled switch socket so I can restart it remotely. Smartefii available in India will work.

ossman_02

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i had same issue. i upgraded firmware and then it works stable now. If you check automatic for upgrade on dvr, it post a message like there is no new version, so you need to find firmware from hikvision.com and upgrade it manually with firmware file.