Hik-Connect - half green screen on live view ??

Graeme.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi :),

Hope someone can help with this one ??

I've been trying to set up my new Hik7608NVR and 2385 camera's with Hik-Connect so I can live view away from home. To say I've been successful would be like saying the Titanic had a small leak !! :confused:.

I can live view my 4 camera's over my wi-fi on my IPad with no issues, however, on my IPhone 6 I get half a screen of live view and half a screen of green ?? It has been working ok over the last few days, it's just yesterday it changed. I must admit, I've been messing around with all-sorts trying to get remote view working away from home on G4, but no success at all :idk:.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the half green screen of death ??

Thanks,
Gareme.

Graeme.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I sent an email to Hikvision about my problem, and their reply, along with further reading on the internet, has got my problem sorted.

I was trying to remote view through the IP address of my device on my network, but it wasn't working. Never having used a QR code, or used my phone as a scanner, I was unsure on how to do this through the platform access in the NVR's network settings, and the Hik-Connect app. I finally sussed out how to do this, and hey-presto, with the QR code scanned into the app, my device recognised the NVR and remote viewing is now working. I also had to enable stream encryption.

Now I have it working like this, do I still need to have all the port forwarding enabled in my router ?? I enabled ports 80, 8000, 554 and 1024. I'm thinking that Hik-Connect is not using my router and port forwarding to remote view on 4G ??

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea. Turn off the port forwards and find out. Also turn off "UPnP" if you find it in your router's settings since that automatically forwards ports without your consent.

Mart17

n3wb
Reaction score
On some Hikvision cameras you have to set the sub stream to H.264 instead of H.265 to get around this problem when viewing with Hik Connect on an iphone. You then need to reboot the camera for the change to take effect.