Hik-Connect Live View aspect ratio problem

lubod

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought several HikVision DS-2CD1343G0-I cameras with the intention to use them for live viewing several locations via smartphone.
I have spent many hours trying out different configuration options and reading documentations, but cannot find a solution to the following problem:

The camera resolution is set to 2560*1440, which is a 16:9 aspect ratio. (the highest possible for the cam)
When opening LiveView in HikConnect I see the image stretched to 4:3 and it just looks wrong. I tried everything, but looks like HikConnect app is not respecting the aspect ratio of the stream, it just skews it to 4:3 to fit in the screen box.
I have the latest version of HikConnect app installed from HikVision's website. I tried contacting their support, but no reasonable explanation so far.

Am I the only one to notice that 16:9 cameras just look wrong in HikConnect?
Any help?

Regards,
Lubod

lubod

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. When turned into landscape mode it stretches the image in the horizontal direction and fits to the screen size, which makes it look even worse in some weird ratio that looks like 16:7 to me. No one at HikVision support seems to care...