Hik connect not able to fast forward

BC1085

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been struggling with a Hikvision option for several weeks. Until now, nobody has a clear explanation. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I got a Hikvision cam connected on a Hikvision NVR. NVR is connect to 4G router for streaming. Everything works great.

The option I can't use through the Hik-Connect app and iVMS-4500 app is fast forwarding. When I connect directly on NVR with my laptop, option is possible. The option is needed by my customer.

Does it mean that fast forwarding is not support by a cam which is connect through Hik-Connect?

Best regard, Bas

JLPC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been struggling with a Hikvision option for several weeks. Until now, nobody has a clear explanation. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I got a Hikvision cam connected on a Hikvision NVR. NVR is connect to 4G router for streaming. Everything works great.

The option I can't use through the Hik-Connect app and iVMS-4500 app is fast forwarding. When I connect directly on NVR with my laptop, option is possible. The option is needed by my customer.

Does it mean that fast forwarding is not support by a cam which is connect through Hik-Connect?

Best regard, Bas
I have same/similar issue. I can't fast forward using browser interface directly over the local network (if you are on local network and type the local ip address you can connect to the NVR), let alone over the internet using Hik-Connect. I was told to try the apple or android app, but have not done so yet. I found this on Hik support Why is 4x speed not applicable during playback in iVMS-4500?-Hikvision. I have not tried changing any settings. If you find settings that work satisfactorily, please post the setting used.

However it does not explain why I would not be able to fast forward using the local browser interface. The router is Ethernet 10/100 and the cabling is all cat5. Maybe the problem is with the interface.

Joel