Hik Connect not adding doorbell device (DS-HD1) to account

Adamstan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

So I've been trying to setup a Hikvision Ds-hd1, for the last few days. But unsuccessful at adding it to the Hik Connect app.

2 issues I have.

1. 90% of attempts the app says " Device not supported " when trying to scan the QR code or even manually inputting the serial number.

2. When it does recognise the QR code it goes though the process and connects to wifi, then gives the voice message to say "platform registration successful". However the next step I assume after watching the Hikvision setup video is for the setup wizard to add the device to the account but nothing else happens and the process times out.

After the timer counts down I get a screen saying my WiFi password is incorrect and there is a complicated network environment. (Pic added).

Some points that maybe valid

• My device, phone, and router are next to each other.
  • The doorbell resets fine and gives the flashing blue light
  • My router registers that doorbell has successfully connected to it via wifi
  • It's brand new out of the box

Ive emailed Hikvision support but I'm not holding out for much of a reply.

***Edit: now also tried...

• Tried using an ipad to connect via Hik Connect rather than an Android phone originally, but same issue.
  • Tried using another phone as a WiFi hot-spot to see if the issue is with the camera reconnecting to the my router, but same issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

Adamstan

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved after reading through a similar

New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

I am in the UK so was setting location as UK. I deleted the account and made a new account using USA as my location, although didn't use a phone number.

I did use a VPN (US server) however, as initially it wouldn't let me go any further after inputting the device serial number.

I'm guessing it a verification issue when first registering the device.