HIK-Connect push notifications

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, is anyone having issues with push notifications on HIK-Coonect app on iOS?
I have six HIKVision cameras connected to HIKVision NVR (7608NI-K2). All set up with smart intrusion and line crossing detection.

I registered my NVR on HIKConnect service and HIKConnect app and enabled alarm notifications on the app. All working with 99% reliability, received pretty much all alerts as expected with the occasional blip.

Since a few weeks ago this pretty much stopped working, where the push alerts came through sporadically, not receiving hardly any notifications. I look into the app and all of the motions, intrusions are being registered and recorded, I.e. if you look into the messages tab, you’ll see the alerts,I’m just not getting notified on my iPhone (6+). Therefore I know the NVR/Cameras are setup all ok (nothing has changed on my end).

I have tried everything from re-installing app, rebooting cameras, rebooting NVR, disabling and then enabling push on app, and disabled Notify Surveillance Center and enabling again but nothing has fixed it.

This has got slightly better recently but still way worse than it was before.

I’ve now re-installed IVMS-4500 Lite, and enabling alarm notifications on that as that it working 100% and at least I’m confident of getting notified of intrusions, but not ideal as I sometimes get duplicate notifications and more annoyingly (the reason I try not use iVMS-4500) the notifications do not tell me which camera the motion came from.

If anybody is having the same issue with HIKConnect app I appreciate if you let me know, as it most probably a bug in their app and I can stop spending time trying to solve it. Otherwise, if others are working as expected, then any ideas?

Many thanks

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your not alone. I’ve been having problems as well for the past couple weeks. Notifications stopped on iVMS-4500. Then about a week ago, the alarm notifications started working on a cloud based connection (P2P) in the hik-connect app. It seems to come and go. I assume they are making changes on their end, and it’s just a matter of time until it is working properly again.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Strange, I've been having no issues with iVMS-4500 Lite on my iPhone. All my issues are with alarm notifications and HIKConnect. I got in touch with HIKVision and they haven't mentioned anything on their side, either they don't know about it or the support guy is not aware.
I suggest anyone with issues contact them too at least they will know it's their side and not ours.

Shame really as the HIKConnect app when fully working was perfect for me. Now I have to run iVMS-4500 Lite just to reliably get notifications and sporadically get duplicate alerts when HIKConnect starts to work!!

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
And now ivms 4500 lite has stopped working. I can set alarm notifications on the device internally and externally.

It seems HIKVision has totally screwed something up at their end!!

It’s been around 3 weeks now, if this continuous I’m going to have to start looking at other brands!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have always used a direct connection using port forwarding. So I know that’s not the issue. I also have a seppoerate connection in iVMS-4500 using the local ip when I’m connected to my WiFi. Still doesn’t work. The fact is, it was working fine, then stopped working without making any changes. And since multiple people are experiencing this, I think that proves the issue is on hik’s end

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve tried port forwarding, tried UPNP, tried creating a new HIK Connect. The only thing I haven’t tried is resetting the NVR. iVMS 4500 also stopped working for me, trying to enable Alarm Notifications gives me a connection failure, tried LAN IP and external DDNS.

Definitely think it’s HIK Vision end!! Problem is they are not helping at all.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Also like to add that the messages tab in the App is showing all the intrusions and motions, I’m just not getting notified of all of them, only about 50% of them.

burntoc

n3wb
Reaction score
Also like to add that the messages tab in the App is showing all the intrusions and motions, I’m just not getting notified of all of them, only about 50% of them.

I wanted to add that like you, I've gotten IVMS-4500 to work for push notifications (though it seems to EASILY break as I try to config the cam and Hik-Connect). Hik-Connect isn't working for push at all for me, either, though I'm on Android. Support keeps asking questions and I get to confirm that I have all this set up properly - and I've used P2P and IP domain, but their app simply isn't working right. Very frustrating, because the hardware has been excellent.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Has HIKConnect ever worked for you?
The case has been handing over to 2nd line support it seems. I've handed over my logs and my account details and they are going to get back to me once they checked it all out. Slowly getting further. If you contacted support, hopefully they will get the picture that it's not the client but either their servers or the HIKConnect App.

As I mentioned before, iVMS 4500 wasn't working for a little while, I messed around with it, switch Alarm notifications OFF and couldn't switch it back on. The only thing that will get it working for me is the turn on Web Authentication to "digest/basic". This can be found under the NVR configuration, under System, Security, Web Authentication.

burntoc

n3wb
Reaction score
Has HIKConnect ever worked for you?
The case has been handing over to 2nd line support it seems. I've handed over my logs and my account details and they are going to get back to me once they checked it all out. Slowly getting further. If you contacted support, hopefully they will get the picture that it's not the client but either their servers or the HIKConnect App.

As I mentioned before, iVMS 4500 wasn't working for a little while, I messed around with it, switch Alarm notifications OFF and couldn't switch it back on. The only thing that will get it working for me is the turn on Web Authentication to "digest/basic". This can be found under the NVR configuration, under System, Security, Web Authentication.
I'm virtually certain, though I've erase my alerts and reinstalled the app so I can't be sure, that Hik-Connect DID work for a while. I'm really struggling with whether or not to return this as I have an Amcrest that works well enough - but when this does work I find it to be much better. I've spent more time than I should resetting and trying to figure out what is breaking it, for sure, and somewhere deep down I fear that this experience suggests even if I get it working they'll break it in some way and I'll be SOL - and pissed off - until they fix it.

IVMS does continue to work, so I don't know if I have it in me to reset again to try to get HC to work.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm virtually certain, though I've erase my alerts and reinstalled the app so I can't be sure, that Hik-Connect DID work for a while. I'm really struggling with whether or not to return this as I have an Amcrest that works well enough - but when this does work I find it to be much better. I've spent more time than I should resetting and trying to figure out what is breaking it, for sure, and somewhere deep down I fear that this experience suggests even if I get it working they'll break it in some way and I'll be SOL - and pissed off - until they fix it.

IVMS does continue to work, so I don't know if I have it in me to reset again to try to get HC to work.
I would wait and see what HIKVision 2nd line support comes back with. I will update here when they update me, hopefully tomorrow/monday.

pdeanuk

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, is anyone having issues with push notifications on HIK-Coonect app on iOS?
I have six HIKVision cameras connected to HIKVision NVR (7608NI-K2). All set up with smart intrusion and line crossing detection.

I registered my NVR on HIKConnect service and HIKConnect app and enabled alarm notifications on the app. All working with 99% reliability, received pretty much all alerts as expected with the occasional blip.

Since a few weeks ago this pretty much stopped working, where the push alerts came through sporadically, not receiving hardly any notifications. I look into the app and all of the motions, intrusions are being registered and recorded, I.e. if you look into the messages tab, you’ll see the alerts,I’m just not getting notified on my iPhone (6+). Therefore I know the NVR/Cameras are setup all ok (nothing has changed on my end).

I have tried everything from re-installing app, rebooting cameras, rebooting NVR, disabling and then enabling push on app, and disabled Notify Surveillance Center and enabling again but nothing has fixed it.

This has got slightly better recently but still way worse than it was before.

I’ve now re-installed IVMS-4500 Lite, and enabling alarm notifications on that as that it working 100% and at least I’m confident of getting notified of intrusions, but not ideal as I sometimes get duplicate notifications and more annoyingly (the reason I try not use iVMS-4500) the notifications do not tell me which camera the motion came from.

If anybody is having the same issue with HIKConnect app I appreciate if you let me know, as it most probably a bug in their app and I can stop spending time trying to solve it. Otherwise, if others are working as expected, then any ideas?

Many thanks
Hi I was just googling this and came accross your recent post which I was glad about as it’s not just me!

I am having identical issues to yours, hik-connect on iOS was working a treat up until a few weeks ago. I have changed nothing and now I get push notifications around 50% of the time, and the rest it doesn’t alert me yet when I go into messages in the app they are all there !

Really annoying as there doesn’t seem to be any pattern for time of day, any particular camera etc.

I’ve also noticed it buffers a lot more on remote live view / playback and I’m on 200meg broadband and it’s hard wired directly into the router.

Been driving me insane trying to fix it I have done exactly what you have done, signed out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled and signed in, I have rebooted the NVR, I don’t know what else to do.

If anyone finds a fix let me know, it has to be an issue with Hik connect, I am also thinking it may have started around the time the app updated a few weeks ago but that might not be accurate.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I was just googling this and came accross your recent post which I was glad about as it’s not just me!

I am having identical issues to yours, hik-connect on iOS was working a treat up until a few weeks ago. I have changed nothing and now I get push notifications around 50% of the time, and the rest it doesn’t alert me yet when I go into messages in the app they are all there !

Really annoying as there doesn’t seem to be any pattern for time of day, any particular camera etc.

I’ve also noticed it buffers a lot more on remote live view / playback and I’m on 200meg broadband and it’s hard wired directly into the router.

Been driving me insane trying to fix it I have done exactly what you have done, signed out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled and signed in, I have rebooted the NVR, I don’t know what else to do.

If anyone finds a fix let me know, it has to be an issue with Hik connect, I am also thinking it may have started around the time the app updated a few weeks ago but that might not be accurate.

Thanks for posting as I now know for sure it’s HIKVision. it is with 2nd line support in china but haven’t heard from them since Friday. Please could you email support and raise a case, it’s pretty straightforward. Are you from UK? If so you’ll get handed over to UK support and they should hopefully start realising it’s their app or infrastructure.

In the meantime I’ll point them in the direction of this forum.

pdeanuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi yes no problem I’ll get onto that tonight
Yes in the U.K. .

Have you had any issues with buffering when using remote playback / remote live view using the hik connect app ?

I’m not sure if the 2 things are linked but I never used to have issues remote playing back, but now if I am out and i am lucky enough to receive a push notification, it’s very jumpy or just freezes intermittently.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I occasional have some buffering, but usually it plays fine. However I do port forward all my stuff, I think performance is better. Also I tend not use the HD when live view and stick with Basic stream which is 640x320 I think. Remote playback is whatever it was recorded in but tried that today and it was fine.

Playbox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , I currently have similar problems with hik-connect..I.e only get approx 50% of notifications pop up.. but once in app all the notifications are there.

Wonder what devices & IOS are you guys using ?

I'm using a SE iphone , same as I phone 6 / with ver 11.2.2

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , I currently have similar problems with hik-connect..I.e only get approx 50% of notifications pop up.. but once in app all the notifications are there.

Wonder what devices & IOS are you guys using ?

I'm using a SE iphone , same as I phone 6 / with ver 11.2.2
I’m iPhone 6+ but my wife’s iPhone 6 and iPad Pro all exhibit the same behaviour, latest iOS on mine phone and earlier iOS (not sure which) on my wife’s phone.

Slow going with 2nd line support as hey are in China and the 8hr time difference means I get their first email first thing in the morning by which time it’s nearly end of the working day. Today I get an email which gives me the impression that they got the wrong end of the stick, they seem to think my messages aren’t all there when they are just the alerts are not happening. Sent them a reply to re-iterate this fact. To me it’s definitely the App considering it all started around the latest release.

I would suggest anyone having this issue to raise a case , hopefully that will give this issue a higher priority.

pdeanuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes same my partner and I both using iPhone 7 with latest iOS. Both having identical issues. I have also raised a case with Hikvision I managed to reiterate to them that the motion detection is clearly working within the app as every event is in the messages tab and they show when playing back, it is simply the push notifications that are intermittent, genuinely no pattern either they are very random!
A shame as it all worked so well until they updated the app!

Will keep posted re any updates.

Hongsit

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes same my partner and I both using iPhone 7 with latest iOS. Both having identical issues. I have also raised a case with Hikvision I managed to reiterate to them that the motion detection is clearly working within the app as every event is in the messages tab and they show when playing back, it is simply the push notifications that are intermittent, genuinely no pattern either they are very random!
A shame as it all worked so well until they updated the app!

Will keep posted re any updates.

I’ve finally got it through to them it’s just the pop up push notifications that aren’t working 100%! Sigh, I told them to look at the latest release of their App as it was around that time it stopped working. They did check logs on servers and their seems the push is working on the server, so it seems the App isn’t handling the receipt of that push.

Literally telling them where to look, not sure what else I can do lol.

They will contact their R&D team to investigate.