Hik Connect Question

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to add a device but the serial number i have has 27 characters not the 9 required!

I have obtained the serial number from the System Maintenance > Device info page on the Nvr.

Is the 9 digit serial number included in the 27 digit number?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok another question.

I have the device registered and can view using the Hik-connect app.

Is it possible to log into the Nvr from a remote pc?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My God. I am familiar with iVMS-4500 and I have to say after playing around with a Hik-Connect this evening I have found Hik-Connect the most awful app I have ever used! Awful!

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok another question.

I have the device registered and can view using the Hik-connect app.

Is it possible to log into the Nvr from a remote pc?
Yes, but not intuitive at all and only after you install their IVMS-4200 software ...took me a while to find the answer, first you have to add a CloudP2P device then login with your hik-connect account and all your device will come up.

These 2 pictures will show you where:
upload_2017-6-2_22-59-35.png

upload_2017-6-2_23-1-6.png

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheers Fruit. Your advice helped/worked but i cannot login as it says the device is offline. However if i log into my HikConnect account the device is online :wtf: :banghead:

Think i'll go back to the old port forwarding way.

Although i'am thinking that port 80 must be forwarded anyway. I wrongly thought that access could be obtained using HikConnect without any port forwarding but i guess that is for the app only?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but not intuitive at all and only after you install their IVMS-4200 software ...took me a while to find the answer, first you have to add a CloudP2P device then login with your hik-connect account and all your device will come up.

These 2 pictures will show you where:
View attachment 18886

View attachment 18887
Ok I have this working now.

However how would I connect remotely using a browser rather that iVMS-4200?

www.hik-online.com/yoururlhere Is the way I would use with Hik ddns is there a way with Hik connect?

Last edited:

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Today I played with the hikconnect for a hour. did not like it. deleted and go back to ivms4500.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can log in from a pc but have to log into Hik-Connect first.
Not as easy as it was and now unable to share pc access without giving my Hik-Connect login details.

Reaction score
can you please help me in hik connect account my dvr cannot be added to other device because other device already been using it the owner forgot the hik connect account can you please tell me how to remove it

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the issue with a complete camera series the problem is "CANNOT ADD" message on EZVIZLIFE an HIK-CONNECT

I bought the cameras from china but where stated as western region also the Serial has WR not CC in the serial number. The device show online using dev.ezviz7.com or dev.hik-connect.com

Anyone has solved this issue?