HIK Connect Verification Code

gordie

n3wb
Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching but I cannot seem to figure it out.

I can see the camera on HIK Connect by entering the serial number of the camera but I cannot find the verification code.

Network > HIk Cloud P2P just contains the enable button and custom server address (this page shows online) but there are no other boxes containing verification codes or QR codes to scan. (both in iVMS4200 & ip)

I've also enabled SSH and logged into that to try "showkey" as mentioned elsewhere on the forum but that doesn't work.

There is no key on the back of the camera either so i'm at a loss of how to get it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

gordie

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I should have mentioned the default code also does not work.

gordie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, i've managed to find it! - it would appear that "showKey" is case sensitive :facepalm:

Gonsalez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

The default verification code does not work (ABCDEF).

Also, I get the following result when accessing EZVIZ:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><EZVIZ xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="2.0">
<enabled>true</enabled>
<registerStatus>true</registerStatus>
<redirect>true</redirect>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><serverAddress>
<addressingFormatType>hostname</addressingFormatType>
<hostName>dev.hik-connect.com</hostName>
</serverAddress>
</EZVIZ>

No verification code is available anywhere... How can I get it?

Camera: DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS
Firmware: V5.4.42build 171129

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

The default verification code does not work (ABCDEF).

Also, I get the following result when accessing EZVIZ:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><EZVIZ xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="2.0">
<enabled>true</enabled>
<registerStatus>true</registerStatus>
<redirect>true</redirect>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><serverAddress>
<addressingFormatType>hostname</addressingFormatType>
<hostName>dev.hik-connect.com</hostName>
</serverAddress>
</EZVIZ>

No verification code is available anywhere... How can I get it?

Camera: DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS
Firmware: V5.4.42build 171129
The code should be there tik the eye it will show you what it is

Tohoho123

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have an upgradeable camera, update it to v5.4.5, and you will be able to see/change the verification code from that same page.
Hi, I am having the same problem however my camera is not upgradeable. Is there any other way for me to find the verification code?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same problem however my camera is not upgradeable. Is there any other way for me to find the verification code?
On older cameras/firmwares the verification code came on the sticker on the camera and on the box.
You can also getting by telneting to the camera and using the showKey command.
The verification code was 6 letters.

From 5.4.5 forward you can see and change the verification code on the web interface, it can be longer than 6 characters, and you need to mix numbers/letters/capital letters.

Reaction score
I have upgrade both my cams to 5.4.5 - the http://192.168.1.49/ISAPI/System/Network/EZVIZ does provide the code (tip you don't need to specifiy username and password if you have another tab logged on and open on the same camera). Neither camera provides an option to telnet to it or ssh to it and the code is not shown in webui and there is no where to set it webui,. this is for
DS-2CD2632F-IS and DS-2CD2732F-IS.

One random thing to note is the DS-2CD2732F-IS will happily allow you to join the rebranded versions of the hikvision service (like the laview version) the other camera does not.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I repeat what I previously stated, it is on the webUI:

" From 5.4.5 forward you can see and change the verification code on the web interface, it can be longer than 6 characters, and you need to mix numbers/letters/capital letters. "

Reaction score
I repeat what I previously stated, it is on the webUI:

" From 5.4.5 forward you can see and change the verification code on the web interface, it can be longer than 6 characters, and you need to mix numbers/letters/capital letters. "
I had to disable platform access, set the server to custom 'dev.ezviz7.com; renable and the relogon for that box to appear... seems to be related to backend properties of the hikvision server, I had mine set to other hikvision server endpoints.

Last edited:

Mathius

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to disable platform access, set the server to custom 'dev.ezviz7.com; renable and the relogon for that box to appear... seems to be related to backend properties of the hikvision server, I had mine set to other hikvision server endpoints.
Hey mate can you please explain that in a bit more detail? I am having the same issues as you, I have no intercom at all without that damn verification code..

How did you "disable platform access"? I can't even see that much!