Hik connecting DS-KB6003-WIP Wifi Door Cam to 7616NI-E2

dp3049

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

has anyone had success with connecting a wifi door cam to an NVR (I have the 7616NI-E2). I've connected a Netgear WiFi Router in Access Point Only mode (i.e. all router and DHCP modes off - that pretty much places the unit in a bridge mode) to one of the ports on the 7616, so in theory the plug and play config should just pass through to the camera and I should see it in camera management, but it doesn't show.

When the unit is on my LAN side wifi, I can see and configure the unit using iVMS4200 on my mac, no problem and HIK-Connect works with calling features to my mobile, as designed.

I know that by connecting the doorbell to the NVR private network will probably kill the calling function of the doorbell - but one step at a time. I just want to stream the doorbell via the NVR to record. I'll work on routing the calling feature later. (just need to figure out how to FTP to the NVR - again, that's a next step)

Any thoughts anyone?

kind regards,

Dave.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve been considering buying this doorbell cam and have the exact same question! I’m glad you asked it!

dp3049

n3wb
Reaction score
A further update.

I've connected the DS-KB6003 door cam to my LAN-side network and can add the device to my Hik 7616 NVR. Streams nicely, however I cannot get it to event record. I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue on the NVR - currently running V3.3.1 build 150422. I do have CH serial numbered cameras and am therefore not keen on trying an update without a lot of reading up on versions numbers, etc. After getting everything now pretty much working on my CCTV system, I'm not keen on bricking anything just yet.

There does seem to be an issue when viewing the door cam using the iVMS4200 client on my Mac. The RTSP stream on the door cam locks up and the only way to fix is to restart the cam. A bit annoying. The iVMS4500 IOS client does not affect the device when streaming live from the cam, neither does Hik-Connect client, or the NVR itself. All those can stream happily.

The other issue I strike with this is the 'intercom' function is very much dependant on internet bandwidth. Being on reasonably crappy ADSL2+ (3.7Mb up / 600K down - at best when no one is streaming) the intercom mostly does not ring the hik-connect IOS app if there is too much going on the link. two-way audio quality is not the greatest, but does work, when it works as previously mentioned. Although the hik-connect app often asks to 'login', so I am unsure if this loses connectivity to the device while it is not logged in???

The video quality during the day is great - I'm really impressed. I could also set the motion event detection area through the NVR camera management. It just won't record on the NVR when an event occurs. (I do get a screenshot triggered on hik-connect client on my mobile device). Night-time picture quality is not so great, and I get a flaring effect in the image.

Last, I'm trying to configure a physical doorbell to the unit, as it describes one can be configured as such in the door bell manual. This is a work in progress for me with very limited time, due to christmas, etc.

Anyway, my verdict on this really 2 out of 5 at this stage. Until I get decent bandwidth so intercom function works, event recording to the NVR, and external physical doorbell working, it won't be getting 4 out of 5 from me. The final thing would be a decent ipad/tablet app that allows for in-home monitoring of the door cam for anyone inside the house to use to monitor and answer the front door.

Happy to answer any questions, or if any one has suggests re: getting me to 4 out of 5, please feel free to ask or suggest!!! (note, might be a little slow to respond due to christmas, but I will respond)...

Hope this helps.

dp3049

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry Baltomare1, I'm based in Australia so unsure where to go purchase from for you.

dp3049

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE:
There has been a firmware update to the wifi doorbell released by hikvision:
  • Software Name:Baseline firmware_Wifi Doorbell_V1.4.62build_171201
  • Software Description:Support model :DS-KB6003WIP
updates :
1: Lower the frame rate when doing the two-way conmmunication
2: Support web access(the default password for web access is "admin"+"verification code")
3: Support setting the sensibility of motion detection (web page)
4: Change the ringing tone of door bell
5: Compatible with most HIKVISION NVRs(Live view , recording , playback etc.
6: Support some important ONVIF protocols
7: 5s pre-recording and 5s post-recording when doing the motion detection recording
8: Fix some bugs​
Notes: Put the ".dav" firmware file in a SD card , insert the SD card to the doorbell and then it will start upgrading automatically.

However, after I applied this update, I lost connectivity to the hik-connect internet service and kept receiving "Device exception" errors. This meant no event notifications or intercom functionality.

Turns out the factory default secondary DNS setting is set to 114.114.114.114 – changing this to 8.8.8.8 allowed me then to register the doorbell to hik-connect. Here's how to change the DNS entry, you cannot set this from the iPhone App, or the doorbell's web interface:

Following a camera factory reset, (hold the left-hand side button in for approx 12 to 15 secs, the device will say it is resetting), I was able to configure my device onto my wifi network using the hik-connect iPhone app. (Add device, use QR code, scan device's QR Code, set up wifi settings in the app and create a QR Code for the doorbell to read).

Running iVMS4200 on my mac, I was able to add the device using an IP/Domain configuration.
* Find the device using "Show online devices".
* Then activate the device. Give it a strong password.
* Select the device in the Device Management tab, and click "Remote Configuration".
* Select "Network" -> "Advanced", and change the secondary DNS value. I used 8.8.8.8. and click "Apply".

I could then go to either the iPhone app or the hik-connect website to register the device to my account. I could then get doorbell events pushed to the phone and intercom functionality was restored.

The updated firmware (V1.4.26 build 171201) fixed a number of previous issues:
* Access to the doorbell web interface.
* Event recording on my hikvision 7616 NVR.
* Stopped the doorbell from crashing when live viewing from iVMS4200 (mac).

The hik-connect iPhone app has notified me that there is a later build of V1.4.26 (build 171218) but I will hold off on updating for now until I more fully test what's in place.

The only issue I have is that I was unable to replicate the fault, even with factory resets and first de-registering the device from hik-connect. I could reconfigure and it would register – even though the secondary DNS setting of 114.114.114 reappeared after the reset.

So, if you try this method, please let me know if it resolves the issue for you or not. I will provide the feedback to hikvision through my dealer – diysecuritycameras.com.au – happy to give them a plug – Tony was very helpful.

Good luck!

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t see your post sooner! I have one of these myself, and I could have answered most of your questions. It looks like your figuring it out yourself. I’ve had odd issues as well. I’ve noticed that on build 171201 the motion won’t stay enabled. It will disable itself after a few min of enabling it. Also, I have an issue with it resetting the ip address every 24 hours. I had to setup ip reservation in my router to keep issuing it the same address that I want it to have. Obviously whenever it changes the NVR doesn’t see it anymore. I wonder if that newer build addresses any of these issues...

sphawk88

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE:
updates :
2: Support web access(the default password for web access is "admin"+"verification code")
7: 5s pre-recording and 5s post-recording when doing the motion detection recording
Notes: Put the ".dav" firmware file in a SD card , insert the SD card to the doorbell and then it will start upgrading automatically.

However, after I applied this update, I lost connectivity to the hik-connect internet service and kept receiving "Device exception" errors. This meant no event notifications or intercom functionality.

Turns out the factory default secondary DNS setting is set to 114.114.114.114 – changing this to 8.8.8.8 allowed me then to register the doorbell to hik-connect. Here's how to change the DNS entry, you cannot set this from the iPhone App, or the doorbell's web interface:

Following a camera factory reset, (hold the left-hand side button in for approx 12 to 15 secs, the device will say it is resetting), I was able to configure my device onto my wifi network using the hik-connect iPhone app. (Add device, use QR code, scan device's QR Code, set up wifi settings in the app and create a QR Code for the doorbell to read).

Running iVMS4200 on my mac, I was able to add the device using an IP/Domain configuration.
* Select the device in the Device Management tab, and click "Remote Configuration".
* Select "Network" -> "Advanced", and change the secondary DNS value. I used 8.8.8.8. and click "Apply".

I could then go to either the iPhone app or the hik-connect website to register the device to my account. I could then get doorbell events pushed to the phone and intercom functionality was restored.

The hik-connect iPhone app has notified me that there is a later build of V1.4.26 (build 171218) but I will hold off on updating for now until I more fully test what's in place.

The only issue I have is that I was unable to replicate the fault, even with factory resets and first de-registering the device from hik-connect. I could reconfigure and it would register – even though the secondary DNS setting of 114.114.114 reappeared after the reset.

So, if you try this method, please let me know if it resolves the issue for you or not. I will provide the feedback to hikvision through my dealer – diysecuritycameras.com.au – happy to give them a plug – Tony was very helpful.

Good luck!
using your method (main point is changing the secondary DNS setting), I was able to at least 'successfully' connect the doorbell camera to my NVR (DS-7616NI-E2 - firmware V3.4.96 build 170921). i am running firmware V1.4.62 build 171218 on the doorbell (updated using the hik-connect app after a one time 'normal' setup), so there is one difference (in addition to different NVR firmware). essentially each time my NVR attempts a live feed of the doorbell cam, it fails (through view or config changes). the annoying part is the iVMS-4200 Windows client streams a live feed without any issues. another question - what camera connection profile are you using for the doorbell cam? i have tried both hikvision and onvif without any success for live feeds to my NVR.

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone clarify how to login into the web interface?

I have tried following combinations where ABCDEF is my verification code

admin
ABCDEF

admin
admin+ABCDEF

admin
adminABCDEF

none of the possibilities above works for me :(

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use the admin password that was created during the setup process using the hik-connect app

Dumebi

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE:
updates :

Good luck!
Hi,
Saw ur post on whirlpool too. Did you finally get a compatible tab to view from within your home?
I'm looking to purchase it and I want to accomplish similar objectives:
Remote Call on HikConnect
Local NVR Recording
Local view/call on 7-10 inch Tab at home

Cheers,
Dumebi

robleroy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ,
I,ve eventually succesfully connected the hikvision doorbell with a chime and NVR. I also used hikconnect to manage and response to the doorbell.
But when I share the hikvision doorbell witrgh another account, the alarms do not seem to work.
Did anyone have the same problem? Only the hik connect account through which the doorbell was registered seem to react to alarms.

This is regarding the ds-kb003

chris1h1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ,
I,ve eventually succesfully connected the hikvision doorbell with a chime and NVR. I also used hikconnect to manage and response to the doorbell.
But when I share the hikvision doorbell witrgh another account, the alarms do not seem to work.
Did anyone have the same problem? Only the hik connect account through which the doorbell was registered seem to react to alarms.

This is regarding the ds-kb003
I have the exact same problem regarding the doorbell press notifications and sharing the device via the Hik-Connect app. When the doorbell button is pressed, I get a video call request on my phone, but my wife does not get the same on hers. She does get the motion detection alerts though. This renders the Hik-Connect app largely useless for my needs, so I'll look into monitoring the doorbell button press externally and generating a push notification including a still image from the DS-KB6003, based on this: DoorBell + Moteino = Awesome | LowPowerLab. The DS-KB6003 can then be isolated from the internet entirely.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue with audio levels? If I’m just monitoring the video feed via either Hik-connect or iVMS-4500-4500 app, the audio is nice and clear and loud! I can hear a bird chirp a block away. However, when the button is pressed and a call is initiated, the volume becomes very low. I can barely hear the person standing at the door. Yes I have raised both the mic level, and speaker level via the app.

Mr-C

n3wb
Reaction score
I use the admin password that was created during the setup process using the hik-connect app
Ive also just installed the Hikvision wifi doorbell and am trying to login via the web app on its local IP address as I am keen to set it up to use ONVIF to record. However I cannot work out the login details. I have tried u/n as Admin
and for the password have tried: admin, password, 1234, 12345, ABCDE, the password setup during registration of the app, and am getting nowhere!! Any one have some guidance on the correct login username and password for the web app (and some guidance on how to connect it via ONVIF to a DVR). I guess I need to connect via port 554, 80 or 8000?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you use the app to set it up FIRST??? During the setup process it says that the device is not activated. It will ask for an admin password. After giving it an admin password, then the device will activate. I don’t understand how you are able to get it connected to WiFi without activating it first... also, it doesn’t have a web interface with the factory FW revision. It needs to be updated. Did you do an update somehow?

Mr-C

n3wb
Reaction score
You are correct. I have setup the door bell unit via the app so it is working and yes it had pointed out there was an update which I have done (which appears to make the SD card not work!)
I’m trying to get a DVR to record the camera on the doorbell (with or without movement alarm), but cannot work out the credentials!!
Also, do you know how to get the cam to record say 10 Secs of footage on alarm as it only seems to take a photo snapshot

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you working with a Hikvision NVR? If so, just point the NVR to the cameras IP address in the camera setup section. Then setup motion in the NVR

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just installed the LaView version of this doorbell and set it up with the app. Then I added the camera's IP address to my Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P and it's recording all video from the doorbell. Also worth mentioning, when I view the live (or recorded) video through the DVR, the stream is much more reliable and smooth than when viewing it directly from the doorbell. Pleased so far :)