hik dome too much sun

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have a dome camera.. i can't move it.. can the sun have major impacts on cameras i;m guessing yes.. what can I put inside of the dome to reflect heat.. tint? foil? a cut up old towel? at lease to protect the motherboard

any advise.?

thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a dome camera.. i can't move it.. can the sun have major impacts on cameras i;m guessing yes.. what can I put inside of the dome to reflect heat.. tint? foil? a cut up old towel? at lease to protect the motherboard

any advise.?

thanks in advance
You don't need to do anything

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you talking direct sunlight in high heat...it pretty obvious. Your board can overheat but most of all the dome itself with discolor, possible deform, and cause malformed image. Domes are not meant to be in direct sunlight over time.

Advise, get another camera. Turret, bullet, etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you talking direct sunlight in high heat...it pretty obvious. Your board can overheat but most of all the dome itself with discolor, possible deform, and cause malformed image. Domes are not meant to be in direct sunlight over time.

Advise, get another camera. Turret, bullet, etc.
Nonsense....How is the board in a bullet any more protected...

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
what can I put inside of the dome
NOTHING... Do not add foreign objects to the inside of any camera. Most HIK domes have an operating temp of upto 140 degrees.

discolor, possible deform
No... Domes can discolor over a LONG period of time and only if in the direct elements. This typically don'ts occur for many many years if at all. As for "deforming", I've never seen a brand name quality dome deform.