Hik DS-2CD2032-I nitrate issue at night.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got 2 of these cams.
Since yesterday I've been having an issue during all of last night with the bitrate dropping down to 32kbs every few minutes.

Background:
Cams have for the last e years been backup cams for 2 spots due to me upgrading to better night time cams.

They have been solid since I got them years ago.
They are hacked Chinese versions so still on the same original firmware (not sure which off the top of my head).

Yesterday I adjusted a couple of settings on both cams.
Bow I'm having an issue with the bitrate drooping out to 32kbps every few minutes.
This only seems to happen at night time.
During daylight it's fine.

These are rin from a Poe injector.

I've ruled out cable and power issue as I've run a new temp cable and also separate power to rule it out.

This happens when viewing both on the nvr and also live view from within the web gui itself so definitely an issue st the cam rather than nvr.

Any help appreciated as were having some trouble at the moment with drug addicts using my alleyway as a spot to use drugs.

The 2 cams are going to be repositioned with a white light in this particular spot as well as other measures for detterant reasons.

So as you can imagine it's quite urgent.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hard reset so far seems to Have rectified it up to now hopefully it stays that way

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you may have the parameters set differently for "Main Stream(Continuous)" and "Main Stream(Event)" Perhaps at night an event is switching the parameters

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I couldn't see what was wrong everything seemed to match.

It was definitely something I did in the settings as o was tinkering with them that day.

I full hard reset sorted it though.

So they were back to normal.