Hiki - A Simple CCTV NVR for Hikvision cameras

Hiki

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've uploaded a basic CCTV network video recording application to Github, I wonder if it would be of any use to users on here.

It uses Nayr's node library for motion events. Thanks @nayr

Rather than having a web interface, doing motion detection and lots of other complicated things in software, it just focuses on streaming the files to disk in the most useful way. You can then push recordings to Plex and keep complete control of your recordings.

It has the following features:

- Hooks into the event API to record motion events simultaneously with the 24x7 recording, allowing you to purge these much later to preserve space.
- Executes a command after a recording - allows you to push the recordings to the cloud/Plex once complete
- Records a continuous stream into a dated directory structure split into configurable file length.
- Saves thumbnail images for a media library
- A single configuration file for all cameras

It runs in docker, or you can install it natively on a Linux machine.

It is designed to work with a recent Hikvision IP camera, so I presume it works with most. I would be interested to hear which it works with so I can update the compatibility page. It will require a certain level of knowledge to get up and running, but should be simple to maintain once it is working.

GitHub - refinitive/hiki: Hiki - CCTV Network Video Recorder

Thanks for reading this, fingers crossed it works out of the box. Any problems please get back to me. Feedback would be really useful.

Adam.

Last edited:

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you could integrate that into a qpkg for qnap nas's you would be the hero to many. in the mean time i am going to play around with it. also speaking of putting this on a nas i am curious since the camera's do the lifting and basically this is more of a storage platform if it would be portable to an arm device pi's, lower end nas setup etc....

thanks