Hikvision 1/2" sensor Turret DS-2CD2385G1-I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision is releasing a 1/2" sensor turret camera. It is not marketed as low light or "powered by darkfighter" like the bullets with similar specs, but should perform well in low light. Dahua has 4k cameras with large 1/1.8" sensors (1831 and 2831) but not in the turret form which is desirable.
DS-2CD2385G1-I 8 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera-Hikvision
The bullets are mentioned here Hikvision 4k Low Light cams

Last edited:

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I notice these cams are available to buy now especially here in the UK. Wondering if anyone has played with one?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a link to their PDF on it, but IMO, their summary does a good job wrapping it all up:

DarkFighter cameras implement a larger sensor, a larger lens aperture, and smart gain control technology to dramatically improve nighttime image performance. Noise reduction improvements in hardware and software effectively reduce image noise in low illuminationscenes. This noise reduction will also keep file sizes and storage requirements to a minimum, which is also associated with significant cost savings. Finally, anti-fogging
and non-silicon oil heat conduction and dissipation enhance image definition and ensureDarkFighter cameras deliver bright, clear, high-quality color images at night, thus providing highly effective video surveillance around the clock.
https://us.hikvision.com/sites/default/files/hikvision-darkfighter-technology_09-2016.pdf

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
£185 here in the UK from one supplier I have priced.

Reaction score
wish there were some reviews on them.. as I have a 4k turret and it is good but could be better.. The larger sensor and darkfighter are very interesting..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my DS-2CD2385FWD-I with one of these.. I presume it will be much better at night due to the larger sensor?

Cheers
Mark

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I presume it will be much better at night due to the larger sensor?
If it's like the new Dahuas with the larger 4K/8MP sensors, it'll be an improvement over the 4K/8MP 1/2.5" sensors, but still a bit out from the low-light image quality of the 2MP 1/2.8" sensors.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe this is the turret version of the bullet DS-2CD2085G1-I. The specs are very similar.

With as much light as in those sample clips, one wouldnt need the best low light camera..... my yard aint nearly that bright.

Reaction score
ok it has been up a week now and I am so so about it.. if I didn't have a front door light on with motion it wouldn't be great with colour. However I am still struggling with what settings to use as it is only dark here now for a few hours...
upload_2019-5-30_19-27-41.png

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems good in color. How does it look in black and white with iR? Does your live view lag when watching with chrome/firefox/edge/ie?