Hikvision 2 way audio help

Reaction score
First off, I'm psyched that there is a forum here to help people like me and others, thank you!

A friend of mine who owns a tripe A mini storage facility, had a ton of break-ins last summer. I have decided to help solve this problem by installing a network of IP cameras which reports back to a remote PC (different location) running blue iris. As of now, we have 2 cheap PTZ IP Zoneway Chinese cameras online and working without any issues. Within the next few weeks, the owner is having telephone poles installed so that we can put up the remaining 4 IP cameras.

Since the original installation of the two cheap Chinese IP cameras, we have observed some strange/suspicious activity at the mini storage in the past few months. The owner asked me if it was possible to install a sound system, so that he can yell at these strange people from his desktop.
After a quick search on eBay, I came across this:

I purchased this solely because it supports audio in and out. After receiving it, I was disappointed because this is not a true Hikvision, but rather a re-branded knockoff. Be that as it may, the camera is at my house now mocked up with a 70volt PA amplifier and a PA speaker and running on a Blue Iris demo version. When I use my firefox browser to access the camera, I can speak thru the desktop microphone and sounds are sent to the camera and thru my PA speaker (so far so good). However, when pushing the talk microphone button on the blue iris program, the sound does not go to the IP cam, but rather played thru my PC speaker. I was thinking that perhaps that the IP camera audio coding wasn't compatible with blue iris. So at the config page of the IP camera, I tried different settings to no avail.

So my first question, does anyone happen to know what setting this should be on, and is also compatible with BI?

Here are some other pictures of the settings I currently have on the BI program:

I'm not sure what else to try, I have been monkeying around with different settings with no good results. I understand I have a work around by just opening up the IP camera in a browser and using their microphone button, but I'm setting this up for a guy who is pretty old and not very computer savvy. It would be awesome if I can get this camera to cooperate with the Blue Iris microphone talk button. Sorry for writing a book, thanks in advance
Tim

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...
Blue iris transmits audio to these cams via the http port..so make sure you have the proper http port set in the video setting tab (the video feed and listen function as transmitted via rtsp, which is 554 by default). Please post an image of you video settings tab in blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok instead of selecting the generic rtsp try one of the two hikvision options, first the 2cd then the hikvision rtsp...see if that changes anything...

Reaction score
I followed your advice and tried the "Hikvision DS-2CDxxxx RTSP" and behold everything works!! I swear I tried each hikvision option yesterday and all failed, I don't know what changed, but again it's now working. Thank you Thank you!!!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem! Glad you got it working...
As an aside, blue iris allows you to play an audio alert over the cameras speakers..so you can have a prerecorded message play on motion...if you want to eliminate too many false audio alerts you can set up a second cloned camera in blue iris, with the same ip settings except you dont enable recording, just use it for alerts and set the threshold higher than the recording camera...you can also hide this cloned cam from the main screen by making it a hidden camera (general tab)..