Hikvision 2032 recording options?

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an old latop running Ubuntu/Zoneminder. Have tried to add my new Hik 2032 to ZM but having a lot of issues.

Can anyone recommend a good software solution for these cameras?

Am I better running Windows with

a) Milestone Go
b) Blue Iris Software
c) Hikvision Software (not sure of the name)

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like Blue Iris. There is a good evaluation period so you will have the opportunity to test make sure you like it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an old latop running Ubuntu/Zoneminder. Have tried to add my new Hik 2032 to ZM but having a lot of issues.

Can anyone recommend a good software solution for these cameras?

Am I better running Windows with

a) Milestone Go
b) Blue Iris Software
c) Hikvision Software (not sure of the name)

B!!! AND the Android app!!!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I am very happy with Blue Iris and the mobile app. I have also heard good things about Milestone but don't have any experience with it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Love BI, but if you are going to use the old laptop you may want to use milestone or hikvision vms as they are much lower on resources.

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
Love BI, but if you are going to use the old laptop you may want to use milestone or hikvision vms as they are much lower on resources.
Hi Fenderman. Thanks for that input. Im reformating and reloading windows onto my laptop now. Will let you know how it all goes

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use Blue Iris, like others. Not because I think it is great, but it does what I need and the price is very reasonable. It does have limitations, but I haven't found anything I like better, that is in the same price range.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I use Blue Iris, like others. Not because I think it is great, but it does what I need and the price is very reasonable. It does have limitations, but I haven't found anything I like better, that is in the same price range.
It does not exist, I looked everywheerreeeee.

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
It does not exist, I looked everywheerreeeee.
Ok guys, installed windows 7 32 bit on my 128gb crucial m4 ssd.

Installed Hikvision iVMS-4200 PCNVR software and also blue iris.

tested both at 3x 2032 @ 25fps 1080p

results were ok, blue iris could only display 2x 1080p and the 3rd at 340x288 in the 4 screen layout.

i like the layout of hikvision but blue iris looks user friendly also.

Not sure how to delete iVMS-4200 recordings yet, also not sure what happens when the hdd is full.

Last edited by a moderator:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok guys, installed windows 7 32 bit on my 128gb crucial m4 ssd.

Installed Hikvision iVMS-4200 PCNVR software and also blue iris.

tested both at 3x 2032 @ 25fps 1080p

results were ok, blue iris could only display 2x 1080p and the 3rd at 340x288 in the 4 screen layout.

i like the layout of hikvision but blue iris looks user friendly also.

Not sure how to delete iVMS-4200 recordings yet, also not sure what happens when the hdd is full.
I tried the hikvision software because my cams are hikvision and it's free, it seemed to have some powerful features like being able to have multiple servers that do different things but at the same time it was missing a lot of things I can do in blue iris so ultimately I decided to just fork over $37 for BI and $10 for the android app. I wish I had a hikvision DVR to play with because I want to start doing some cam installs and I am trying to decide if I should go with the DVR box, or a desktop/tower server setup with BI. For me? BI all the way, for customers? I dunno, most people may not care about 3/4 of what BI can do and will just want to record and maybe get alerts, and be able to check in from their phone, I need to find a few installers to mentor. :)

I also don't know if the hikvision DVR's do some kind of raid with all the drives or not.

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
hmj Thank you for sharing your experience.

Playing with the evaluation version atm. Have a question, i can see all 3 cameras but they all have different resolutions which adjust automatically in blue iris. Is this the actual recording size or just the stream?

Oh and where did you manage to pick it up for $37?

hikvision software is ok, having a lot of issues with false alarms at the moment. These cameras are way too sensitive for my liking.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
hmj Thank you for sharing your experience.

Playing with the evaluation version atm. Have a question, i can see all 3 cameras but they all have different resolutions which adjust automatically in blue iris. Is this the actual recording size or just the stream?

Oh and where did you manage to pick it up for $37?

hikvision software is ok, having a lot of issues with false alarms at the moment. These cameras are way too sensitive for my liking.
The hikvision motion detection sucks, flat out, when I was using it before I got BI, I got spammed so much it would shut down my gmail account. So the hikvision DVR software may be just as bad. Which now makes me worried about their pre-made DVR appliances. BI's motion detection seems pretty awesome and then being able to tell it to only use color, or color and brightness etc. I got it off ebay but this looks like a good source right here also http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Iris-Full-Version-Supports-Cameras/dp/B005DMX1OM/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3EE4YSV4W0YRT

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

motion2082

n3wb
Reaction score
The hikvision motion detection sucks, flat out, when I was using it before I got BI, I got spammed so much it would shut down my gmail account. So the hikvision DVR software may be just as bad. Which now makes me worried about their pre-made DVR appliances. BI's motion detection seems pretty awesome and then being able to tell it to only use color, or color and brightness etc. I got it off ebay but this looks like a good source right here also http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Iris-Full-Version-Supports-Cameras/dp/B005DMX1OM/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3EE4YSV4W0YRT
Finally someone who shares their horrible motion experience with 2032 bullet cams. I had to apply a filter to my gmail to stop all the spam from doing the same thing to me. Amazon wont let me buy BI as im based in OZ :(

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally someone who shares their horrible motion experience with 2032 bullet cams. I had to apply a filter to my gmail to stop all the spam from doing the same thing to me. Amazon wont let me buy BI as im based in OZ :(

I guess just google around the internet. Since I got a computer set up with BI and microsoft one drive integration I have stopped using my email completely. Now all of my snapshots and footage goes to my one drive account and I get all my alerts through push notifications to my phone, it's great. As I scale out I will have to probably stop storing video in the cloud but I should be able to keep sending snapshots there as super last resort evidence, and then rely on hiding my drives somewhere. I've been reading about software raid in server 2012r2 and windows 8.1 and it seems to be on par with hardware raid, at least the kind that doesn't use SSD's, 15k SAS drives and all of that, but then you get into the hundreds of thousands of dollars so of course that stuff is awesome. I wouldn't expect many people to buy a legit server 2012r2 license but I don't think windows 8.1 costs all that much these days.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For any current owners who need additional licenses, BI will sell you them direct for around $24 last time i checked but you have to ask for it, they don't advertize the discount.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
For any current owners who need additional licenses, BI will sell you them direct for around $24 last time i checked but you have to ask for it, they don't advertize the discount.

That's good to know in-case I want to set it up in a lab for testing before I push windows patches/bi updates out to customers.