Hikvision 2032 suddenly can not log in

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2032-I (along with others) that I am using Blue Iris on my computer. I have had this camera for a couple of years with no issues and never changed the user name and password on.

Yesterday I suddenly get an error of 8000007a on BI with it. I tried to log in straight from the browser and it tells me the user name or password is not correct. I can find it on the network with SADP but that fails to log in as well.

Did my camera just die?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2032-I (along with others) that I am using Blue Iris on my computer. I have had this camera for a couple of years with no issues and never changed the user name and password on.

Yesterday I suddenly get an error of 8000007a on BI with it. I tried to log in straight from the browser and it tells me the user name or password is not correct. I can find it on the network with SADP but that fails to log in as well.

Did my camera just die?
did you power cycle it? Have you tried a hard reset? (follow proper hikvision reset sequence)

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have cycled the power to the switch but forgot about them having a reset button. I'll pull it tomorrow and unplug at the camera and plug it back in while holding the reset. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have cycled the power to the switch but forgot about them having a reset button. I'll pull it tomorrow and unplug at the camera and plug it back in while holding the reset. Thanks.
Also ensure that you have not forwarded this camera to the net..if you have someone could have been screwing with you and changed the password..

johnyfalco

n3wb
Reaction score
This is exactly what happened to me recently. I had the correct password but it did not want to accept it. I used the password reset tool on this forum to recover the original password, and that fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hard reset and resetting the IP address with SADP fixed the problem. Hope it stays fixed. Thanks for the reminder about the reset.