Hikvision 2042 and 2432 keep going down when enabled at the same time

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a DS-2CD2042WD-I and a DS-2CD24322432F-IW that works great on Blue Iris individually but when they are both enabled, they constantly go up and down. I found a conversation somewhere but I couldn't find it again about the need to upgrade to the lasted version of Blue Iris. I did that to 4.8.4.2. This didn't fix the collision problem. Is there something else I need to change in Blue Iris to fix this? Thanks

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish that was the case but I have them on different static addresses. The other weird thing is that sometime after 4:30pm the problem goes away and then comes back around 6am. I checked both Blue Iris and the firmware and there are no schedules set up either. I have another system that doesn't have a bullet on it with three Hikivisions and there are no problems. It just might be the bullet which is really a shame because I like it.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you shut off P2P and everything else that might "phone home"? If you can, try plugging them in using a patch cord, would need to have them inside for that of course.

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much for that suggestion! It turns out that I focusing on the bullet instead of the 4322 which has been up for a couple of years. It did have the check on P2P so I will see tomorrow if that was the culprit.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know that P2P would actually mess things up like that, but best to make sure everything is shut off that tries to phone home and set a bogus DNS address as well. Cameras don't need DNS unless you want them talking to the world on their own.