Hikvision 2185 Settings to read Licence plates

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all I have the 2185 Hikvsion and have no issues reading licence plates from neighbours across the road. I just cant find a setting to be able to read vehicles driving past.
I've attached some photos

Any recommendations?

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm by no means a expert at all just for a disclaimer but I believe if you are trying to capture license plates from that angle it's going to be near to impossible to get a clear, distinct shot of the plate. From what I have read in the LPR subsection is that an ideal ANPR / LPR placement should be no greater than 30 degree from the moving vehicle. To me it appears as you are trying to capture plates at a 70 degree angle.
I suggest checking the LPR forum, it's full of info.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed very hard to. Maybe lower the resolution in order to get more fps.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
no, short exposure is the key - even 10fps is fine for up to 40mph, but coney27 is right that you'll never get consistantly good reads at that angle.
no hope at night with that cam either - no way it'll put out enuf IR to overcome oncoming headlights...

if you can't get closer to the road for a better angle, you'll need a cam (or two - one in each direction) with longer lens (25mm minimum) to look further down the road.

but yeah, check out the LPR forum for all sorts of info...

Got28k

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like a nice clear image. Can you please let me know if this was an Amazon, eBay camera purchase etc, or was this bought from an authorized distributor? All I hear is grey market non upgradable cameras but most people I have spoken to seem to believe it’s not that big of a deal since a lot of sellers allow there product to be upgradable?. Secondly could you please let me know what price you paid for this 2185 model. Thank you!