Hikvision 2432 and DS-2CD2132F-IWS SD Card Query?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I own a Hikvision 2432 camera, I plan to purchase a couple DS-2CD2132F Cameras for myself and an extra two for my Sister.

Both these cameras have an option of using a SD Card. My question is: My sister wants to use these cameras without relying on a NVR or a Computer on 24 hours per day. However if need be and there's not solution, she can leave her iMac on 24 hours per day.

Is there a way to utilize the SD Card to store all motion Recordings and access those recordings using the IvMS 4500 app without a PC or NVR?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2132F-IS (same model just without Wifi) It has the NVR build into the camera and works great. The only downside is you are limited to 64GB of on-board storage. which you will go through quickly at 3MP.

Use this link to calculate your storage requirements.

NVR Storage Calculator for Network IP Cameras

Hikvision also have a calculator but it means installing some software. (Disk Space Calculator v2.00.00.02)

Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

The camera is self contained and completely stand a loan. All you need to provide to it is power. No need to have your PC on all the time.

On my PC I mostly use a web browser to access stored pictures and video directly off the camera, but you can also use the IVMS4200 software. The IVMS4500 works ok for mobile devices. I have this loaded on my tablet & mobile phone.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2432 in my kitchen with 13 GB available to store clips, and it only gets to store about a week of motion detection clips on the SD card.

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
She should be fine w/out a PC. If you only store events/alerts, it'll be fine. I'm using 20GB on my Frontporch cam and it goes back to clips from Feb 15th. The other option, if you want to do more than just event clips, is to get a Raspberry Pi, connect a big USB drive and mount that on the device to write the video. Then you could also serve up the clips/alerts via a web server on the Pi (see my sig).