Hikvision 2532F-IS - not getting any audio through

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been a long time lurker here on these forums, and have learnt heaps from browsing around here!

I pulled the plug on a couple of Hikvision 2532F-IS 2.8mm a couple of weeks ago from AliExpress, and they finally came this week. I have been happy with most things (image quality, night vision which is excellent for such a small camera!). However, I can't for the life of me seem to get audio working.

In the Video configuration panel, I have Video Type set to "Video&Audio". Audio encoding is set to G.711ulaw, input MicIn, Input Volume 100 and Environmental Noise Filter OFF. I cannot get any audio through live view (on safari or IE), and any recordings I make through the web interface onto my local computer (there is no microSD card inserted) have no audio. Similarly, I cannot seem to get audio through BlueIris either, but I figure I will have to get it through the web interface first to have any chance of getting it on BI!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...are you certain the camera is labeled IS? The I model does not have sound...

Reaction score
Hi fenderman, yes both of the cameras are labeled DS-2CD2532F-IS on their backsides. Oddly enough I can't seem to get audio from either one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you are trying to hear audio (in IE) are you pressing the speaker button (i think its a speaker button)...I know that you need to hit a button to play audio..it will not start with the video..

Reaction score
Yes, there is a audio switch beneath the image in live view. It is on mute by default, but I have it switched to maximum, but nothing comes through.

Reaction score
I've tried each of the 5 audio encoding options (there is only H264 for video), and none of them give me any joy. All except G.711ulaw give me various sounding beeps in BI - G.711ulaw gives no audio in BI. None of the audio encoding options makes any difference in live view on the web interface. In the local configuration panel of the web interface, I have set the live view protocol to UDP, but this is not working either. I'm pulling my hairs out trying to figure out what's wrong. Perhaps it could be a hardware issue? But surely this would not affect both cameras that I have ordered.

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Have you found a solution? I have 6 of these cameras, and no matter what I have tried I cannot get any audio output from the built in mic. It's driving me insane!

Reaction score
Hi MacSto, the situation remains the same, and no solution has been found :( Thank goodness I only purchased 2 of these - it's still such a shame though. Did you buy from CCTV Camera China too? If you ever find a solution, please post here. I will likewise do the same.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was wondering this as well but I haven't really looked into it much. Does the 3.5mm audio output need to be connected to your NVR/computer or is that only for sending audio to the cam?

I have the same cam from the same seller and have no audio with just the rj45 hooked up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No the camera should be passing audio via the rtsp feed. There is a defect in some of these cams...any audio output on the camera is for an external speaker for two way audio....

JakeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased the same camera (DS-2CD2532F-IS) but I did it through Amazon, from HD Security Store (paid $215 in Dec 2014). My camera came in English retail packaging but I have the same problem with sound - there is none. I did set everything in the web admin configuration (the only available option for Audio Input is MicIn, which I assume is the built in Microphone). Also, I only have cat5e cable connected to the camera and while the video is working great, there is no audio. The volume is maxed, computer plays test sounds, but there is no audio in BlueIris or the Web config page.

ModelDS-2CD2532F-IS
Firmware VersionV5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714

Should I pursue a return on this or is there any pass through IP microphone I can use to connect to the same end of cat5e cable that would give me audio?

Thanks.
-J

Last edited by a moderator:

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You probably shouldn't post the camera's serial number on a public forum...

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the firmware on the sticker on the back of the camera is greater than 5.2.0 and you've got English menus, doubtful you'll get any audio. I've had to send back half a dozen from different vendors for the same issues until I received one with 5.2.0 firmware (as indicated on the camera's sticker). Return it ASAP.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you think it is the Chinese-English 5.2.0 firmware? My cam has a sticker for 5.2.3 but only has 5.2.0 installed.

Has anybody successfully updating the firmware with CBX's region changer? Does the audio work after that?

JakeD

n3wb
Reaction score
My problem might be different since I was finally able to get some low quality stuttering sound through my camera by choosing the following settings:
Camera Configuration Page > Video > Video Type = Video&Audio
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Audio Encoding = G.711alaw
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Env. Noise Filter = OFF
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Input Volume = 95

The sound (live and recorded) is choppy, stutters 0-3 times per second when viewed through an android blue iris, less stuttering when viewed through an ipad. Anyone knows if I can connect the following mic to the camera directly without running extra cabling:
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Sensitive-External-Amplified-Microphone/dp/B0053V5Z9W/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YX7EB80E4EIU
If yes, I would assume that the sound would be better with an external mic. Also, that could potentially solve problems of other people that don't get any sound at all.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My problem might be different since I was finally able to get some low quality stuttering sound through my camera by choosing the following settings:
Camera Configuration Page > Video > Video Type = Video&Audio
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Audio Encoding = G.711alaw
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Env. Noise Filter = OFF
Camera Configuration Page > Audio > Input Volume = 95

The sound (live and recorded) is choppy, stutters 0-3 times per second when viewed through an android blue iris, less stuttering when viewed through an ipad. Anyone knows if I can connect the following mic to the camera directly without running extra cabling:
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Sensitive-External-Amplified-Microphone/dp/B0053V5Z9W/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YX7EB80E4EIU
If yes, I would assume that the sound would be better with an external mic. Also, that could potentially solve problems of other people that don't get any sound at all.
There is no audio connection in this camera...unless you want to remove the internal mic...which will not be easy...first test the audio via internet explorer and the hikvision app to make sure blue iris is not causing your issue

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

brian.rtl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just another anecdote of a Hikvision 2532F-IS with no audio. Recently purchased with firmware 5.2. Shows as -IS on the box and on the web interface. No audio through BlueIris nor with Live View on the embedded webserver no matter which audio settings selected.

Real bummer as I like the camera otherwise and was planning to get more but they are less useful without audio.

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@brian.rtl -- your camera itself has a sticker showing firmware greater than 5.2.0 though, right? This seems to be the easiest way to identify if you'll have audio problems or not. Both sticker and firmware must be 5.2.0