Hikvision 2CD2032 can't connect.

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using BI for about 2 years now, running on a windows 7 pc with 2 Hikvision 2CD2032's and 1 Amcrest Pro.

The problem I am having is the 2 Hik's fall off of my system after a few hours and BI gives me the error 8000274d. I can see them on my SADP tool as well as Fing, but cannot log into the by entering the ip into a browser. The browser says error the connection times out. If I cycle the power to my modem, router, and POE they come back for a few hours and disappear again. It should be noted the Amcrest is setup exactly like the 2 Hik's and I never have any problems. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited:

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could be the PoE ports?
Can you run one of the Hikvisions from the same port as the Amcrest is currently in?
Does the PoE switch have the right power for the Hikvsion?
Can you provide local power to a Hikvision or use a dongle to see if it is the switch?

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried them on other ports, and the amcrest on the ports the hik's were on. The aecrest works fine, and the problem is the same for the hik's. The power output of the poe injector (TP link) should be more than enough. I cannot try powering them directly due to the way they are installed.

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
That's good.
And I should have asked if you are able to swap it for another known good one, to eliminate power as the cause.
And the same empirical substitution to eliminate the cabling as cause.
I don't have another that I could swap it with at the moment, and cabling would be difficult to trouble shoot the way I have them installed. Don't know if this helps but I messed with the SADP tool for a while today and the cameras would pop up and disappear every few minutes. When I click the ip from SADP my browser says connection timed. So i'm guessing my problem may be stemming from a power issue? I just don't understand why the Amcrest hasn't had any problems (same cabling and injector).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of firmware is on the 2032?
I'm wondering if it is old enough to have a telnet or SSH enable in the web GUI. Though SSH can be enabled with a Windows program independent of the camera web GUI.

Even with the psh 'restricted shell' it should be possible to periodically run the 'ifconfig' command, which gives a view of the network error counts at the camera end.
Generally there would be zero errors, maybe some dropped packets.
Non-zero errors would indicate networking problems.

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
What version of firmware is on the 2032?
I'm wondering if it is old enough to have a telnet or SSH enable in the web GUI. Though SSH can be enabled with a Windows program independent of the camera web GUI.

Even with the psh 'restricted shell' it should be possible to periodically run the 'ifconfig' command, which gives a view of the network error counts at the camera end.
Generally there would be zero errors, maybe some dropped packets.
Non-zero errors would indicate networking problems.
Firmware is up to date. Didn't see any errors with ipconfig, and sorry I'm kinda a network noob so I don't under stand the psh.
I did run into this while trouble shooting today; if I power down modem, router, and cameras at the same time and then turn back on the cam's first, then router and modem they work fine for about 10 minutes then drop off again. Weird but it only works in that order. And thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have ports forwarded to the cams?

Try disconnecting the modem from the router for a few minutes and see if the cam works.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is not possibly an ip address conflict? Do the Hiks have unique ip addresses?
If you leave one Hik disconnected does the other one work?

Last edited:

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not possibly an ip address conflict? Do the Hiks have unique ip addresses?
If you leave one Hik disconnected does the other one work?
They both have separate ip's set. And yes if i unplug one and reset the router, the other works fine. Once the unplugged on is reconnected they go down again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They both have separate ip's set.
In the same vein, a long shot, do they have different MAC addresses? A hacked signature block could create a duplicate.
To reliably determine the MAC address you'd be best to just have one camera running at a time, and inspect the MAC address in the 'connected devices' list of your router/gateway, or via the 'arp -a' command on a Windows PC at a command prompt after pinging it.

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
In the same vein, a long shot, do they have different MAC addresses? A hacked signature block could create a duplicate.
To reliably determine the MAC address you'd be best to just have one camera running at a time, and inspect the MAC address in the 'connected devices' list of your router/gateway, or via the 'arp -a' command on a Windows PC at a command prompt after pinging it.
According to the Fing app, they are different.

Paul C

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: It appears for now that I have fixed my problem. After spending way to much time reading other threads similar to my problem, I simply changed the http port back to 80....problem solved.