Hikvision 2CD2032 can't connect

808ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got my first IP camera, and I've read through various posts, but nothing seems to work to connect to the camera. Here's the facts:

* router set to 192.0.0.1
* Netgear POE switch connected to router
* Camera connected to POE port on switch
* SADP doesn't see the camera, although on my iPhone using Fing, i can see the camera with IP of 192.0.0.64
* Trying to connect through web browser times out
* can't ping camera either from cmd in windows or from Fing on iPhone
* computer IP set to 192.0.0.10
* Tried using sighthound software, but couldn't get any connection
* ordered from amazon and it came in brown box, so i guess i got the chinese version
* on mac, using parallels to run SADP. set IP on windows to 192.0.0.10.

Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's inconsistent that you can see the IP address 192.0.0.64 with Fing on the iPhone but can't ping it
from cmd in windows
Is it a Windows PC, or emulated under the Mac?
What service ports did Fing find on that IP address? You should see 80, 554, 8000 at least.
Does the PoE port that the camera is connected to show a continuous 'link detect' light?

Current version of SADP is usually very good at finding any Hikvision devices on the network. I'm not sure if it would run under Windows emulation on a Mac, maybe someone has tried this.
At the Windows command prompt, if you still have the IP address set to 192.0.0.10, ping that address and confirm you get a response.
Then ping 192.0.0.64 again and check for a response.

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry to jump in here. i see my camera in SADP but it wont let me activate for the first time

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thats my issue sadp shows the camera but wont let me log in/ activate it. instead of the activation window at the bottom it says password recovery. when i used the generator to get the new serial code it crashes sadp

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thats my issue sadp shows the camera but wont let me log in/ activate it. instead of the activation window at the bottom it says password recovery. when i used the generator to get the new serial code it crashes sadp
I think you are confusing sadp with ivms..

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you are confusing sadp with ivms..
haha i got it now. i just had to double click the device in SADP. i was manually typing in the IP address and it would just time out. when i click it took me to the log in page. weird huh. just changed my password! awesome stuff! how come the image is black n white even during day time though?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
haha i got it now. i just had to double click the device in SADP. i was manually typing in the IP address and it would just time out. when i click it took me to the log in page. weird huh. just changed my password! awesome stuff! how come the image is black n white even during day time though?
You dont need sadp to log into the camera..simply enter the ipaddress in the browser...
It may be set to night mode or there is not enough light and it went into night mode.

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You dont need sadp to log into the camera..simply enter the ipaddress in the browser...
It may be set to night mode or there is not enough light and it went into night mode.
yea i tried going ipaddress but that didnt work. so i am using sadp and it crashed but after i restarted the computer and ran sadp it works now. weird huh. so when i turn the camera in my hand i hear it click and each time it clicks it goes from color to night mode and back and forth every time it clicks. is this normal? the picture is amazing though thanks so much for recommending this camera. i hope the quality will be just as good at night time!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yea i tried going ipaddress but that didnt work. so i am using sadp and it crashed but after i restarted the computer and ran sadp it works now. weird huh. so when i turn the camera in my hand i hear it click and each time it clicks it goes from color to night mode and back and forth every time it clicks. is this normal? the picture is amazing though thanks so much for recommending this camera. i hope the quality will be just as good at night time!
Are you properly entering the ip address in the browser? sadp must be opening a browser for you and entering the ip just as you would manually.
The clicking is from the ir cut filter engaging/disengaging....you must not have sufficient lighting in the room for it to stay in day mode..

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you properly entering the ip address in the browser? sadp must be opening a browser for you and entering the ip just as you would manually.
The clicking is from the ir cut filter engaging/disengaging....you must not have sufficient lighting in the room for it to stay in day mode..
yea i think sadp is doing as you said. it opens a new tab and takes me to the log in page. i just brought the camera upstairs where there is more light and its got beautiful color! now the tough part of running all this length of cat5 cable :(

thank you so much again sir! you should start your own tech service for ip cams

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok i just tried to view on my andrioid phone and it wont take me to the page when i type in ip address:(

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
also i know this cam is 3 axis but it looks like if i set the camera upright the pic is upside down.........

- - - Updated - - -

no i dont think so port is at 8000

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also i know this cam is 3 axis but it looks like if i set the camera upright the pic is upside down.........

- - - Updated - - -

no i dont think so port is at 8000
No that is the media port...so to login via browser simple enter the ipaddress with no port after it.

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No that is the media port...so to login via browser simple enter the ipaddress with no port after it.
i tried on a different computer and it works fine. took me right to log in page. but on my phone when i type in ipaddress it doesnt take me there :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i tried on a different computer and it works fine. took me right to log in page. but on my phone when i type in ipaddress it doesnt take me there :(
never tested on a phone browser..you cant do much anyways because the plugins wont work right..