Hikvision 4mp Darkfighter X

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Been looking at upgrading my current cctv and came across Hikvision darkfighter X. ( Hikvision DS-2DF9C435IH-DLW )

All the videos I have seen online looks absolutely Awesome and does anyone here have this model?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I must admit I like the look of this.

Although I bet the price tag is hefty as well.

The demo videos look very good and if the lux ratings are accurate it's got potential.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just got hold of a 2DF8225IH, which must be the ‘cheap’/old version of the Darkfighter X range, and it is certainly impressive in low light, so yeah I expect this 4mp version is lovely.

I will post a review when I have used it more and get the time, but the summary so far is...great in low light, not so great under IR only, noticeable processing lag when controlling it and moving it around...it is clearly doing some heavy processing to the image in real time. I have also just got hold of a standard Darkfighter so will be interesting to compare.

They are certainly big and heavy power hungry beasts! That 4mp version is 12kg...and even my one needs a 90w POE injector (which I didn’t realise even existed) to operate reliably...it states 60 in the data sheet but it is not enough.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...in fact, looks like this new 4mp version isn’t POE at all, so needs a power supply.

I guess it is not possible to push 105w down a network cable!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
...in fact, looks like this new 4mp version isn’t POE at all, so needs a power supply.

I guess it is not possible to push 105w down a network cable!
Yeah it's desperate dc only the new model.