Hikvision 5.1.2 Firmware - All in Chinese, how to fix video

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Carl you are the man! Thanks for sharing this very informative video!

Stickied!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just sent this video to someone who had this issue and he was able to get his Hik working...He was going to sell it at a loss...Thanks NCC...

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My new 3332-I has the 5.1.2, build 140116 and it's in english...issue apparently resolved! :)

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded to the 5.2.0 and everything is in chinese... now I'm looking for the 5.1.2 to go back to english, even though the NAS is not working.....

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found the 5.1.2 on the europeen site, but when I try to downgrade, it tells me (in chinese) Status upgrade fails with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark in it...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can change 5.20 to english there are several posts here on how to do it...i dont know if you can change it back to 5.1.2..but if you can you probably have to tftp....

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
5.2 into english would be great, I'm just not finding how to start. A lot of the time, people say to telnet into the camera, I just don't know how. Seems pretty easy, but it just doesn't work for me.

telnet 192.168.1.64?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I check with an other camera, in my 5.2 firmware for the DS-2CD2532F-IS, there is no enable button in the gui for Telnet. I only have enable IR Light. What can i do?

Vin Tekiel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those, like me, who think the telnet feature is not in the 5.2 firmware, think twice :), After going around and translating everything into english through google translate, I stumble in a tab where it's written Telnet IN ENGLISH :), and I was so happy to see that, I got happier to see a SSH option too. Cool, know I can do whatever I want with that small computer embedded in the camera :)

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That it one of the true strengths of these cameras :)

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
For those, like me, who think the telnet feature is not in the 5.2 firmware, think twice :), After going around and translating everything into english through google translate, I stumble in a tab where it's written Telnet IN ENGLISH :), and I was so happy to see that, I got happier to see a SSH option too. Cool, know I can do whatever I want with that small computer embedded in the camera :)
Where did you find this? I am having troubles finding a way to turn Telnet on... And I want to get this fix in place...

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
Where did you find this? I am having troubles finding a way to turn Telnet on... And I want to get this fix in place...
Never mind!..For those that need it: Configuration->Advanced->Security->Security Service