Hikvision 7608NI-K2 Mouse stops working

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the nvr brand new from Hikvision official store couple of weeks ago. Since day 2, I've noticed the mouse stops working (cursor disappears). It usually happens after I haven't interacted with the NVR for few hours (e.g. overnight). When it happens, the mouse laser light is on (indicating that it is getting power). I tried re-plugging the mouse as well as using another mouse...but nothing works. The only solution is to unplug the nvr and turn it on again.

The nvr firmware is up-to-date. Anyone know whats going on?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You try re-plug mouse to all usb?
Unpluging NVR mean reset?

Last edited:

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You try re-plug mouse to all usb?
Unpluging NVR mean reset?
Yes, tried on all ports.

unplugging means removing power plug, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. I have to do this because when the mouse isn't working there is no way to properly shutdown the NVR.

Reaction score
Hello. I saw that you had that problem 1 year ago. I have the same situation on 2 Hikvision DVR. Did you find out what was the problem? Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi lads,
Any solution? I have the same issue with a 7608 nvr from hikvision. Since the mouse won't work I can't access the menu... also after unplugging and plug in again the nvr goes straight to he cameras, no access to settings anymore...
The nvr is 6 months old, and actually before I unplugged it, the red hard drive led on the front was lighting... not lighting anymore though.
Really struggling here, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JBu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi lads,
Any solution? I have the same issue with a 7608 nvr from hikvision. Since the mouse won't work I can't access the menu... also after unplugging and plug in again the nvr goes straight to he cameras, no access to settings anymore...
The nvr is 6 months old, and actually before I unplugged it, the red hard drive led on the front was lighting... not lighting anymore though.
Really struggling here, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have same hik ds-7608ni/i2 nvr with same issue just happened last couple weeks. my hik nvr has firmware ver. V4.1.51 build 180412, encoding ver. V5.0 build 180211, web ver. V4.0.1 build 180209, and plug in ver. V3.0.6.36. Can you check to see if yours are the same since I suspected auto update may causes the mouse disappeared.